Job Title: Global Initiative Leader, philosophy (Sr. NPD Director)
Reports to: VP Program Initiative Leader Luxury (Paris)
Based in: New York, NY
* Leading Mass Fragrances Global Initiative Management Team * Initiative Leadership * Initiative management organization Contact for group
Other Key relationships:
* Luxury Fragrances Marketing Organization * R&D Packaging and Fragrances * Initiative (NPD) Procurement * Initiative Management Capability Organization (Geneva) * Marketing Material Supply team * Artwork / Print Production Project Management team * In-Store Excellence Organization
Coty is one of the world's leading beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, a rich
entrepreneurial heritage and an iconic portfolio of leading brands. We are the global leader in fragrances,
with the number two position in salon hair and number three in color cosmetics.
We treasure our legacy, but are driven to develop new opportunities for our partners, employees and
customers. United by leaders with vision and commercial acumen, Coty aims to disrupt the conventions of
the beauty industry.
Our Mission is to become, over time, a global industry leader by being a clear challenger in beauty delighting
our consumers and creating long term shareholder value.
Within the Luxury Division, Philosophy is an iconic brand and will be managed out of New York.
The Global Initiative leader for Philosophy leads the Global Initiative management team consisting
of Brand Initiative Leader(s) and Initiative Leader(s). (S)He also functions as the Initiative Leader for (key)
The Initiative Leader is responsible for leading the activities of a multi-functional team who develop
and execute a comprehensive initiative plan to deliver in-market success. The Initiative Leader uses
expertise in Initiative Systems to deliver outstanding, breakthrough business results. The Initiative Leader
collaborates with all the multi-functional team members, but especially with the Commercial/Brand Leader,
Technical Leader and Go-to-Market Leader to ensure that all necessary learning, qualification and
execution activities of the initiative are completed in support of a successful launch. The Initiative Leader
will be expected to manage a portfolio of new product launch projects but may also lead Supply Chain
design projects depending on the Business needs.
* Lead the Philosophy Initiative Master plan process * Lead the Philosophy Initiative Gate Approval process * Lead the Philosophy Initiative team - build and manage talent * Lead the integration of the multi-functional team and leverage our innovation processes for breakthrough speed and productivity with quality execution * Effectively frame & communicate issues to drive decision making * Guide initiative teams through the Stage-Gate process to deliver on-time Commercial, Technical & Financial readiness of new product launches * Build alignment with initiative stakeholders on all plans. Crisis-Like Collaboration. * Frame risks appropriately & Manage change. Smart Risk Taking * Build multi-functional innovation management capabilities
Critical Success Measures
* Collaborate with multi-functional partners to deliver a portfolio of initiatives that is sufficient to fulfill the brand innovation strategy in consumer offer, business scale and profitability, and meeting Coty standards. * Deliver the Initiative Success. Clarify business objectives and expectations, Deliver project Success Criteria. Focus on Business First, Project Second. * Ensure gate adherence % and timely project start-up linking activity calendars via project complexity to standard CPS. * Initiative success : Ensure Case Fill Rate during launch period * Talent Management: Deliver Recruitment, Development and Retention objectives
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Proven experience in Supply Chain role(s) * Proven People Management skills * Proven track record on managing projects and delivering on time, on cost and on quality * Proven experience in delivering projects as leader and/or member of a multi-functional team * Experience in operating in a matrix structure and across borders * Technical Master's Degree or equivalent * Fluency in English (spoken and written) * Project management experience * Understanding of new product development processes & stage gate approach * Understanding of MRP system logic * Exposure to production environment & interaction of packaging, process, manufacturing * Strong Microsoft excel & Microsoft project capability * Additional background in planning/purchasing/technical environment beneficial * Preferably to have experience of Coty Operations or related industry, pharmaceutical, paint, food, FMCG
* Demonstrates a strong sense of individual accountability * Is autonomous, action-orientated and pragmatic * Is committed to deliver results, goes after the stretch target * Takes conscious and calculated risks * Makes fast decisions balancing intuition and facts * Proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver * Makes innovation happen within real-life constraints * Learns from successes and failures, looks for and reapplies best practices * Embraces and accelerates change in a fast-paced environment * Is resilient and flexible, adapts to new challenges * Is passionate, enthusiastic and has fun in work achievement * Thrives on challenges and keeps a healthy attitude under pressure * Communicates effectively; delivers impactful presentations, says what's on mind, goes to the point * Is willing to help others and focuses on customer needs * Solicits and derives benefit from other's feedback * Demonstrates relevant business knowledge & financial awareness * Is dedicated to driving the business in a profitable & sustainable way * Guides others through change by example * Adapts leadership style to situations & people, finds the right balance between delegation & control * Gives constructive & actionable feedback to improved performance & development * Recognizes the contribution of others, differentiates fairly
Associated topics: ad, donor, endowment, major gift, market, newspaper, policy, policies, stewardship, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.