901 Delaware St
Croda is seeking a Shift Team Leader (Supervisor) for our Atlas Point manufacturing site in New Castle, DE. The Shift Team Leader will be responsible to leading, coaching, and coordinating employees at the Ethylene Oxide production facility. Key goals will be to maintain all aspects of SHE to a high standard, maximize equipment utilization (OEE) while producing quality products, and constantly driving to optimal performance at lowest possible cost. To report on any deviation from targets and investigate the causes and recommend corrective actions.
Must be able to efficiently supervise and motivate a shift team of operating and laboratory technicians, having some measure of responsibility (site specific) for training, coaching, development, performance monitoring, discipline, recognition of their team and being heavily involved in the recruitment process for new technician and apprentices on the site. To be highly visible in encouraging safe behavior, setting high standards and not tolerating substandard work especially in relation to rule and procedural based violations.
The Shift Team Leader will direct daily work activities for the production facility including, but not limited to the following activities:
* Ensure full compliance of the site SHE and security policies, protocols, and procedures for entire team. This includes a working knowledge of OSHA process safety elements along with a mastery of the unit Basis of Safety document.
* Conduct behavior-based safety assessments of routine and non-routine work practices to identify areas of improvement.
* Responsible for the optimal operation of the unit by monitoring key metrics and assisting unit operators with adjustments to achieve target throughput, maximize process efficiency and minimize energy (steam/electric) consumption and waste generation.
* Perform routine inspections of facility as well as periodic audits of inventories, equipment, procedures, training, etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
* Ensure effective utilization of resources including personnel, materials, and equipment by identifying, reporting, and correcting deficiencies.
* Accurate and timely reporting and investigation of any incidents, accidents, or injuries that occur on shift.
* Investigate and troubleshoot production issues relating to process performance, product quality, and equipment performance.
* Manage positive employee and labor relations through accurate collective bargaining agreement administration.
* Responsible for safe work permit writing on and around the unit premises.
Standard daily work may also include routine meetings with team members to discuss safety topics such as tool box talks, as well as conducting shift starter meetings to align the shift crew and discuss the daily work plan. Part of this standard work will be a proper handover with the outgoing shift to get a full understanding of the process status and any issues encountered during the previous shift. Teamwork and collaboration between the Shift Team Leaders will be a mandatory standard for conducting business on the unit. The Shift Team Leader will also be involved with recording and managing any changes within the unit and will provide adequate and proper documentation using MOC procedures and documentation.
The Shift Team Leader must understand a variety of chemical and mechanical processes in order to identify risks and solve problems as they occur in a fast-paced production environment. This requires a high degree of understanding of the technology involved as well as the computer systems used to monitor and control the process. This will also include an understanding of the common failure modes associated with this process along with the proper corrective actions to avoid incident.
The Shift Team Leader will also need to identify and deal with emergency situations and execute emergency procedures. This may require acting as a site Incident Commander, requiring direct liaison with emergency services and regulatory bodies. In this role, the Shift Team Leader will be required to coordinate various groups of emergency responders along with internal Croda HazMat resources to contain, troubleshoot, and mitigate a number of plant emergencies. This requires quick decision making and the ability to interface with a multi-dimensional team of skilled technicians.
* Associates Degree in related technical field, BS degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering a plus
* Chemical Process Operator Certification or equivalent program a plus
* 7 - 10 years' experience working at a chemical plant is required, with continuous production of a hazardous chemicals a plus
* 2 - 3 years' experience leading a team of hourly operations personnel across multiple shifts in a production environment
* Previous experience with processing equipment and operating system
* Working knowledge of state, federal and local environmental regulations
* Lab and computer experience preferred
* Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, SAP, and Aspen products preferred
* Previous HAZWOPER training a plus* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...