Crown Castle Fiber Internship Program Company Summary
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world's most revolutionary technologies. Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers and over 60,000 route miles of fiber supporting small cells and fiber solutions across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service - bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $60 billion.
Position Title: Crown Castle Fiber Intern
This Internship is designed to provide leadership-focused, motivated participants an opportunity to learn about the telecommunications infrastructure industry and to be challenged with a meaningful, career-oriented work experience. Successful interns may be given the option to return for a second year Internship, or, upon graduation.
Internships will take place June through August, final dates to be determined based on applicant school schedule. The location of the internship will be 55 Broad Street, New York, NY.
Essential Job Functions:
* Conduct job responsibilities alongside internal employees of the Field Operations, Fiber Construction, and Fiber Engineering positions of Crown Castle Fiber team in this rotational program that will take place in the New York metro area.
* Provide support for multiple projects working closely with fiber construction, fiber design, and field operations teams. This may include, but not limited to; troubleshooting projects in the field, interacting with customers and vendors, working on splicing projects, and working with internal team members to understand the overall fiber build process.
* Supervision of projects will involve Crown Castle Fiber employees that are experts in the field of business. They will be responsible to provide all interns hands on work both in the field and in systems and tools.
* Develop and track learnings throughout internship program to present to supervisors on a regular basis.
* Update tracking system(s) as needed for build process to ensure that project and/or program status is maintained with complete accuracy.
* Create and distribute correspondence relevant to the team, project or program (internal and external).
* Maintain accurate and complete files for projects and programs; monitor for integrity and accuracy.
* Generate system ad hoc reports as requested.
* Adhere to corporate financial processes and procedures to ensure SOX compliance.
* Participate in customer deployment meetings.
* Completion of second year of post-secondary education in a certified degree program.
* Excellent communication skills
* Confident and not afraid to ask questions
* Critical thinker
* Detail oriented and thorough
* Organized and able to meet deadlines
* Ability to work on own initiative as well as participate as part of a team
* Flexibility regarding work assignments both in office and outdoor on site project locations
Reports to: Various
Location: Crown Castle office location 55 Broad Street, NY
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Some travel within the New York five borough city limits will be required.
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: administrative assistant, assistant, desk, executive assistant, front desk, office, office assistant, officer, office support, recruiting