ASAP Recruitment Coordinator
Compensation: $70,155.00 - $120,660.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
**Job Title:** ASAP Recruitment Coordinator
**Job ID:** 21432
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
The ASAP Department at Hostos Community College seeks applications for an ASAP Recruitment Coordinator. Reporting to the ASAP Recruitment Specialist, the successful candidate will coordinate the comprehensive recruitment plan to meet the recruitment targets of the program; coordinate workshops; and conduct intake screenings, interviews, and orientation sessions for prospective students in collaboration with the ASAP Recruitment Specialist and other staff.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, additional responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinates the training and development of ASAP Student Ambassadors to ensure they can successfully support the recruitment efforts of the program.
- Maintains and updates program database, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Works with applicants and ASAP leadership team to ensure completion of the application process.
- Coordinate the recruitment process by providing information about the ASAP program, conducting interviews, and processing required paperwork.
- Assists in the guidance of students through the decision-making and course selection process.
- Assists the ASAP Director with required reporting as directed.
Bachelor's degree required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- At least one year experience working in a college environment.
- Ability to communicate program requirements effectively to students, as well as build rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with students, staff, and faculty.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Understanding of the needs and challenges facing students from diverse urban backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, within the department and with faculty and other administrators.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of student activities.
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office and aptitude to learn new systems as needed.
- Experience with outreach activities.
- Experience with CUNYFirst (PeopleSoft) system.
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) helps students earn their college degree as quickly as possible, by removing the financial, academic, and personal obstacles that many students confront. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students, yearly textbook vouchers, and MetroCards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.
The ASAP Recruitment Coordinator coordinates and contributes to ASAP student recruiting activities.
- Conducts information sessions and initial intake appointments to ensure ASAP applicants are fully informed of
requirements and processes
- Assists in direct recruiting at high schools, community outreach events, and other appropriate locations
- Maintains relations with CUNY pre-matriculation programs
- Provides information about the ASAP program and its services in person or by telephone, email, or letter
- Coordinates ASAP Student Leader activities
- Maintains current information about College programs and degree requirements
- Performs related duties as assigned
Assistant to HEO
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
$45,957 - $51,153; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Health Plan Coverage for Employees Hires on or after July 1, 2019 City of New York employees and employees of Participating Employers and their eligible dependents hires o nor after July 1, 2019 will only be eligible to enroll in the EmblemHealth HIP HMO Preferred Plan and must remain in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan for the first year (365 days) of employment.
After 365 days of employment will have the option to either remaining in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan or selecting a different health plan within 30 days before the end of the 365th day period. If a new health plan is selected, the new plan will be effective on the 366th day.
Only after the 365th day can the employee participate in any Annual Fall Transfer Period.
An employee who needs to request an exemption from the required enrollment in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan can do so by submitting a HIP HMO Opt-Out Request Form to EmblemHealth. An employee, or eligible dependent must meet certain criteria and the requires must be approved by EmblemHealth before the exemption is granted. The HIP HMO Opt-Out Request From and HIP service area are available on the EmblemHealth website.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings"
Please attach your resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
December 13, 2019
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...