Development Research Specialist
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
**Job Title:** Development Research Specialist
**Job ID:** 20754
**Location:** Hostos Community College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
The Division of Institutional Advancement at Hostos Community College embraces the opportunity to provide higher educational opportunities to traditionally underserved students in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural learning environment. As a partner in our shared goals there are many ways to support Hostos, now and in the future, with gifts that will keep on giving. Hostos has experienced a wonderful growth since its inception in 1968 and we welcome your generosity in our continued expansion.
The Institutional Advancement Division seeks applications for a Development Research Specialist. This individual will support the continued expansion of leadership and major gift prospects through prospect management and prospect research activities. Reporting to the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, the Development Research Specialist works to assist the front-line fundraising team to use new and existing best practices to manage prospect portfolios, track prospect activity, and collaborate around prospect strategies as well as proactively work to expand the pool of potential prospects through proactive prospect research with the Advancement team.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Research prospect, portfolio, and proposal management and analysis.
- Maintain high level of expertise in trends as well as external and internal electronic resources used for Prospect Research and Prospect Management.
- Participate in Development events and projects as deemed necessary to support the broader goals of the development department.
- Support Advancement team with proposals, including writing and editing of proposals, budget and related materials.
- Compile and analyze data to prepare reports for management and funding sponsors.
- May advise faculty and administration of funding opportunities and requirements.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience working with a relational database, specific knowledge of Raisers Edge is desirable.
- Solid understanding of fundraising processes and terminology.
- Unwavering attention to detail and aptitude for information management required and ability to analyze large amounts of data and summarize in user-friendly formats.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word: merges, advanced formatting; Excel: filtering, formulas).
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects at one time.
- Ability to exercise professionalism and discretion in working with confidential information related to Hostos Community College and prospects.
- Strong and collegiate interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone.
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Under management direction, the Researcher will identify and profile possible sources to provide private support for College fundraising efforts and support College fundraising strategies and objectives
- Identifies, evaluates and tracks college's top donors and prospects
- Reports on giving trends, responding to inquiries and preparing concise summaries of giving trends of individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Coordinates prospect and alumni research and tracking
- Updates research and donor databases as needed
- Prepares briefing reports and recommends appropriate fundraising and solicitation strategies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
$47,340 - $56,528; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
Open until filled - Search reopened
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Associated topics: academic, childhood, classroom dynamics, education, education research, educational research, k 12, learning, librarian, teacher training
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...