Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.Job Summary:
This position is responsible for providing project management, drug development expertise to Global Project Teams including strategic development and execution of an integrated product development plan. This position may independently manage a lower complexity or regional project or be partnered with a more senior project manager in support of a larger, more complex drug development project. As a project manager this position is accountable for partnering with the Global Team and Global Clinical leader to ensure effective team operations through meeting management, development plan/timeline management, scope management, stakeholder management, risk/issue management, finance and resource management, and conflict resolution. This position may be assigned to any therapeutic area and work on projects at any stage of development.
As a member of the GMP&L function this position is also accountable for supporting divisional and departmental level objectives and may also participate on a non-project initiative in support of these objectives. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Group Leader, GPM&L. Responsibilities:
- Project Responsibilities: Independently manage and drive strategy development on Global Project Teams (GPT) for moderately complex or regional projects (within the scope of the Global Development Process and Functional Procedures) or independently manage sub-teams of more complex projects in collaboration with a more senior project manager. Establishes and maintains a high performing team.
- Partners with the Clinical Team Leader to ensure a high performing Clinical sub-team and to drive the development and delivery of the clinical development plan in alignment with the product development strategy.
- Manages team meetings including developing agendas and documenting decisions and action items. Follows through on assignments and ensures team members deliver on action items. Identifies organizational gaps and influences the project environment to address gaps that impact the program/project.
- Manages the planning and use of program/project resources. Works with finance and team members to secure adequate resourcing and budget and tracks team performance against the budget.
- Maintains global integrated project plans, project timelines, risk management, plans and communication plans. Supports scenario planning and critical path analyses. Identifies problems and works with team to resolve. Leverages their network to influence across the organization.
- Manages project status in the project management information systems and communicates risks/issues to GPM senior management in a timely manner. Prepares scope change proposals and drafts stage gate proposals for formal presentation to senior management.
- Generates and maintains high quality risk management and communication plans. Independently identifies issues and leads issue resolution meetings. Leads risk identification, prioritization and mitigation planning processes.
- Identifies and recommends PM best practices for the broader GPM&L organization. Ensure Project Team awareness of the Global Development Process (GDP).
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred (i.e., MS, MBA or PhD) in a scientific discipline with additional relevant experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or training in project management strongly preferred.
- 7+ years' experience in pharmaceutical industry and at least 3 years drug development project management experience or equivalent
- Industry experience: Direct, global pharmaceutical or drug development experience required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Title
Associate Director, Global Project Management and LeadershipCity
Basking RidgeFunctional Area
Global Project Management & LeadershipState
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task