- Daiichi Sankyo
Healthcare - Physician
18 Brentwood Ct
About Daiichi Sankyo Cancer Enterprise
The mission of Daiichi Sankyo Cancer Enterprise is to leverage our world-class, innovative science and push beyond traditional thinking to create meaningful treatments for patients with cancer. We are dedicated to transforming science into value for patients, and this sense of obligation informs everything we do. Anchored by three pillars including our investigational Antibody Drug Conjugate Franchise, Acute Myeloid Leukemia Franchise and Breakthrough Science, we aim to deliver seven distinct new molecular entities over eight years during 2018 to 2025. Our powerful research engines include two laboratories for biologic/immuno-oncology and small molecules in Japan, and Plexxikon Inc., our small molecule structure-guided R&D center in Berkeley, CA.Job Summary:
The GMA Project Manager provides strategic planning and operational management oversight of Global medical Affairs projects and activities including launch deliverables and life cycle management activities as per GMA plans. Responsible for supporting the GMA Franchise Head and GMAT Leads to deliver GMA projects and activities successfully and on a timely manner, across the franchise. Responsibilities include strategic planning, management of resources, budget, milestones, and management of GMAT meetings. Track activities in terms of timing, anticipated risk and mitigations of issues, conflict resolutions. Contribute to process improvement initiatives when related to improvement of project deliveryResponsibilities:
- In close collaboration with the GMAT Leads, establish a strategic plan for monitoring the activities per the Business Plan and priorities.
- Support GMAT Leads to manage the GMA project/activities, including management of agenda for GMAT meeting, conduct of the GMAT meetings, writing of the GMAT meeting minutes. Ensuring full documentation of meeting discussions, decisions and action items. Track & ensure completion of agreed action items. Ensure appropriate archiving of project documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring that the GMAT team delivers project(s)/activities successfully and on a timely manner as per annual plan & objectives.
- Establish milestones and metrics, in collaboration with GMAT team, and develop a detailed project plan in order to track progress and measure impact of the activity. Generates critical path analyses and supports scenario planning for each GMAT, in order to assess if objectives are met, exceeded or not met.
- Have a strong understanding of activities and key factors in order to anticipate potential risks and establish plan to mitigate, as appropriate
- Work with GMAT Leads to provide consolidated budget/LE updates (across all activities and regions) in a timely manner with appropriate rationale
- Develop a monthly report that provides an overview of progress on all key activities, potential risks and mitigation actions
- Support GMAT lead with annual Business Planning process & document
- Generates and maintains strategic integrated GMA Franchise project plans, project timelines, high quality risk management plans (as needed), and communication plans.
- Support Franchise Head in prioritization and planning of Franchise resources and develop rationale for annual resource planning.
- Collaborate with Franchise head to prioritize budget across compounds in order to have an aligned proposal to be submitted to GMA Management, and meet annual budget requirements.
- Leads issue resolution meetings. Leads risk identification, prioritization and mitigation planning processes across the Franchise
- Identifies gaps in Global Medical Affairs Processes and Functional Procedures that (potentially) impact program delivery and escalates appropriately to Franchise Head and/or Operational Excellence group in GMA.
- Collaborate with Franchise Head for formal presentations/communications to GMA Head and Senior management
- Create a consolidated franchise level monthly report that provides an overview of progress on all key activities, potential risks and mitigation actions
- Support Franchise with quarterly update for Senior Management
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (ideally in science, engineering or management) from an accredited college or university required with relevant professional experience or equivalent; advanced degree desirable. PMP or similar professional project management certification is a plus.
- Minimum 7 year experience in pharma industry of which 5 years project management experience.
- Strong project management experience. PMP, Six Sigma or similar professional project management certification is a plus
- Proactive change management skills and engagement to enable continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills and ability to adapt according to different levels of management
- Ability to negotiation and align across franchise
- Drive decision making process, including ability to challenge teams and achieve excellence
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to travel based on business needs
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Title
Director GMA Oncology Project Management- Solid TumorsCity
Basking RidgeFunctional Area
Global Medical Affairs OncologyState
Associated topics: aoa, breast, cancer, hematology, lah, oncology, palliative, physician md do, radiation, thedacare
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...