- Daiichi Sankyo
- $125,730.00 -112,000.00/year*
100 Woods Rd
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases. Job Summary:
The HRBP Leader will lead and manage the HRBP Teams dedicated to the Research and Development team in DSI to ensure solutions to business strategies and business plans especially as they relate to human capital in the assigned division. This position sits on the HR Leadership Team and drives critical initiatives across DSI. The role is primarily responsible for overseeing a team of HRBPs with broad knowledge of Human Resources. S/he works closely with Talent Acquisition team, Talent Development team, the other HRBP teams and HR Operations to ensure there is a deliberate strategy and plan for attracting, developing and retaining talent, and developing high performing/efficient organizations, ensure collaboration across DSI. This role ensures consistent, effective and efficient organization structure across DSI partnering with senior business leaders (Global/US), the other HRBP leaders and other HR functions. S/he works closely with the other HRBP leaders to develop and drive unified HR strategies, policies, and programs across DSI. Responsible for the hiring, development, coaching and evaluation of HR talent within his/her function.Key Initiatives/Projects:
- Competency & Culture Building; Retention & Engagement; Performance Management; Talent Acquisition; Talent Development; Compliance/employment practices; HR communications; Succession Planning; Alignment to organizational and HR strategy
- Strategic Planning, Talent Acquisition & Talent Management
- Engages in strategic planning process and is responsible for driving solutions to ensure the assigned functions are focused on delivering results, short- and long-term.
- Develops workplace initiatives that foster a work environment consistent with the company's vision, values, mission outlined by senior executives.
- Develops and implements people strategies to support the cross functional efforts of the functions within the organization.
- Drives HR Communications within HR and across DSI in partnership with the other HRBP Leaders and HR Operations.
- Partnering with Talent Acquisition and Talent Development teams. Consults on Talent Acquisition and Talent Development related processes and practices.
- This role ensures consistent, effective and efficient organization structure across Division and also DSI partnering with senior business leaders (Global/US), the other HRBP Leaders and other HR functions.
- Operational Execution & HR Business Partners
- Participates in the development of DSI plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the corporation.
- Establishes credibility throughout the assigned Division with management and the employees in order to be an effective advisor and problem-solver of people issues.
- Evaluates HR programs and initiatives for continual improvement for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides coaching to managers in resolving employee related issues.
- Facilitates leadership/team effectiveness sessions to ensure alignment with business priorities and a focus on high output and efficiency.
- Works with functional leaders execute talent management efforts
- Facilitate pull through by the HRBPs for other HR related functions, such as, Performance Mgt., Talent Acquisition & Mgt., Compensation/Benefits, HR Systems & Analytics and HR Operations and Planning.
- May work with the parent company and Global Functions on global initiatives.
- Selects, coaches, develops and rewards business-driven performance of the Business Partner team, ensures on-going development planning and growth in roles.
- Builds quality of leadership through identification of the talent needs of the organization; development and coaching of top talent, high potential talent and emerging leaders.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Master's degree or equivalent preferred
- An experienced leader with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry. An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards.
- 12+ years of Human Resources generalist experience with a strong practical experience across various Human Resources disciplines.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Keen understanding of functions in pharma industry such as R&D, Medical Affairs, Marketing, field sales and home office organizations; Experience in global / matrixes structured organizations
- Leader: Able to inspire and influence others, and create a dynamic environment that fosters innovation of thought and execution. Able to balance strategic thinking with practical execution.
- HR Expert: Understands and applies HR best practices, and can simplify complex issues into practical initiatives and solutions that will impact the business in a positive way. Strong business acumen, understands the business model, financials, external markets and customers.
- Facilitator: Able to navigate complex global matrix relationships and to facilitate effective collaboration, communication and conflict management among divisions, functions, and regions with in depth understanding of business of each function and cultural differences.
- Advisor: Strong advisor to Senior Leaders. Seen as a credible source due to sound judgment, fact based logic and a thorough understanding of the stakeholder's business objectives and issues/concerns. Demonstrates strong values and integrity.
- Transformative: Comfortable driving productive change and understand how to partner with senior leaders to lead a transformation. Thrives in a fast paced rapidly changing environment, able to work through ambiguity.
Ability to travel up to 10%
Compensation and seniority level/title will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Duties and responsibilities may vary based on the position level/title.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Title
HRBP Leader - Research and DevelopmentCity
Basking RidgeFunctional Area
Human Resources State
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, generalist, hrbp, human resources generalist, officer, operations partner, professional, representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...