Altair Engineering Inc. is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of product design and development, high performance cloud computing, and data intelligence. We enable organizations across broad industry segments to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future. We believe a critical component of our success has been our company culture, based on our core values of innovation, envisioning the future, communicating honestly and broadly, seeking technology and business firsts, and embracing diversity. With more than 2,800 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates 81 offices throughout 25 countries. Altair serves more than 8,000 customers across broad industry segments. Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering. To learn more please visit www.altair.com
Provide technical and engineering support in the area of vehicle dynamics and multi body dynamics to enhance the corporate strategy in core area of Rugged and Durable Vehicle design. Actively participate with design teams to develop world class chassis system and suspension designs.
Responsibilities & Key Deliverables
* Build ADAMS Vehicle Dynamics, Mechanism & loads Dynamics response models from Design Data to predict the Dynamic Stability & loads estimation to provide design direction for Components, Systems & Full Vehicle virtual prototypes.
* Develop conceptual and detailed sub-system and system Vehicle Dynamics ADAMS models.
* Support vehicle programs with analysis/optimization of suspension/steering sub-system kinematics/compliance as well as full vehicle ride/handling characteristics
* May use Robust Design and optimization tools for optimal design decision to achieve ride and handling targets.
* Be able to correlate analytical predictions with physical test performance.
* May have skills to make control systems Simulink models and perform co-simulation
* Develop Design guidelines for suspension, steering, chassis & expertise in Design modifications to achieve first time right Dynamics performance.
* Interface with customer's CAE department to ensure conformance with their procedures and practices, and that the CAE models are developed to the intended Design level."
* (5 - 10) years experience in Automotive Product Development in area of CAE Vehicle Dynamics & Multi Body Dynamics.
* MSc (Mechanical / Aeronautical / Mechanics / Machine Design / Automobile )
* Proficient user of ADAMS software.
* Knowledge in suspension & steering modification to improve vehicle dynamics.
* Knowledge of Vehicle Dynamics regulations in USA, Europe & India.
* Knowledge of Dynamics testing methods and Dynamics measuring instruments
* Knowledge of new emerging trend in Dynamics simulation and vehicle designs "
* Knowledge of Technical Documentation
* Strong written and oral communication skills to work in a dynamic team environment."
* "Knowledge of CAE Software like ADAMS, Hyperstudy, Carsim , nCode , modeFRONTIER .
* Knowledge of Dynamics analysis Trends .
* Knowledge of Automotive Systems ,
* Knowledge of Dynamics Regulations.
* Knowledge of Dynamics CAE to Test Correlation.
* Knowledge of Ride and Handling Behavior.
* Knowledge of Finite Element Method.