The Communications Assistant will specifically focus on supporting the Public Relations (PR), Events and Internal Communications teams, in addition to providing general administrative support to the team globally. The successful applicant will be an individual who is highly motivated and has excellent attention to detail, as well as outstanding written and oral communication skills. Experience working in a corporate or professional services environment is preferable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Tracking and Reporting
* Track all press coverage, including interviews and bylines.
* Compile and drafting press highlights for press alerts and internal communications.
* Pull all data for monthly, quarterly and other varied requests for media coverage reports.
* Produce media coverage reports for particular individuals/groups/campaigns.
* Build and maintain press and contact lists on Roxhill.
* Research media opportunities and journalists.
* Assist team with byline logistics.
Writing and Drafting
* Draft media briefing documents.
* Draft web announcements on deal news, rankings and awards.
* Post web announcements to the website using Adobe Experience Manager.
General Administrative Support
* Coordinate schedules of lawyers and journalists for interviews, book rooms for meetings.
* Work with publications to source, price, and coordinate reprint purchasing.
* Assist on New York-based photoshoots to ensure external photographers are aware of project expectations, assist in positioning lawyers, testing lighting prior to shoot and determine which spaces to shoot in. May also participate in planning and execution of New York -based video shoots.
* Update events matrix and events calendars.
* Distribute and manage marketing collateral.
* Circulate RSVP lists and manage RSVPs in CRM system.
* Create name badges for attendees.
* Reconciliation of team credit card.
* Add guests to building security.
* Conduct research for events and private dinners.
* Update/edit event pages on Dechert.com
* Update and circulate the Weekly Events Summary.
* Organize and update content in iManage.
* Assemble the new hire welcome bags.
* Forward alumni mail.
* Ship materials out for events, maintain event stock.
* Distribute internal sports tickets.
QUALIFICATIONS / KSAs
* Experience in conducting administrative tasks is mandatory.
* Experience with PR systems and interacting with members of the media is preferable.
* Experience with handling events is preferable.
* Knowledge of the legal landscape or experience working in a law firm is preferable.
* University degree with an emphasis on communications, marketing, PR or English.
* Oral communication-speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and seeks clarification; responds well to questions; is confident in speaking to media contacts.
* Written communication-strong writing skills, proofreading skills, presents data effectively.
* Confidence with technology-adapts quickly to new technology platforms.
* Project management-strong organizational skills; possesses ability to prioritize projects and coordinate own work.
* Interpersonal skills-ability to function in a collaborative organization; maintain confidentiality; and be a team player.
* Ability to work effectively on international projects with colleagues located in other time zones all over the world.
Additional Job Description
* This position operates in a professional office environment which is generally free of hazards and exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
* This position requires regular attendance on-site at a Dechert location.
* This position routinely operates standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopy machines, fax machines and filing cabinets, and requires frequent communication with the firm's employees and partners as well as third parties.
* This position is mainly sedentary. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to read, sit and type for sustained periods of time; to walk, stand, reach and bend; to open and close filing cabinets and access and retrieve materials in file rooms; to lift, carry and move files or other items of light to moderate weight; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; and to verbally communicate to exchange information..
* This position requires a normal audio range, with or without correction. It also requires the normal visual range, with or without correction. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Dechert LLP is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Firm prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: communication, copywriter, correspondent, headline, journalism, news, publication, reporter, writer, writing