This opportunity is open for one of our prestigous client based in New York within the Business & Industry segment. We provide Corporate dininng service to our client which includes servcing the cafetaria, panteries and providing catering for events.The Opportunity
An immediate opportunity exists for a proven restaurant and or corporate dining professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. Patina Restaurant Group is searching for a General Manager to conduct all supervisory responsibilities for their venue' full service restaurant and bar. The ideal candidate has an exceptional knowledge of food and beverages and is dedicated to creating extraordinary dining experiences for guests. They must be able to lead, train, develop and inspire a workforce. A General Manager is required to have strong knowledge of business financials by monitoring an annual budget, labor control, operating expenses, and P&Ls. This representative will be working with a dedicated group of talented chefs, managers and team members that motivated professionals that wish to grow with their supervisors and with the company. Patina Restaurant Group offers every employee unlimited opportunity to build and grow as a hospitality professionals in friendly and enjoyable work environments with healthy work-life balance.Responsibilities
Initiate and complete interviewing and hiring all front of house team members.
* Engage with guests on Italian knowledge such as food, regional wines, and culture, to create authentic Italian experience.
* Process payroll budgeting, payroll schedule approval, forwarding to the Administrator change in relationship paperwork (new hire offers, promotions, and terminations).
* Ensure standard operating procedures in the Back of the House are enforced to ensure food and menu specifications, guest safety, employee safety, food handling and food safety requirements, receiving and storage procedures.
* Ensure standard operating procedures for supervising all Front of the House employees and the shift are in place and followed resulting in employee motivation and satisfaction, guest satisfaction, and the promotion of the concept. Lead a team, establish service standards and positively influence employee behavior. Train and develop all FOH and Italian employee's (Q1)
* Oversee daily shift responsibilities of all employees (floor service, side-work, sanitation, receiving, invoices and time cards).
* Meet weekly with Assistant General Manager, kitchen staff and front of house team to align on menu changes, marketing promotions, special events, etc.
* Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
* Collaborate with appropriate staff to maximize sales potential and profitability including: promotions, guest satisfaction, monitoring product and labor costs, budgets, reviewing of financial information etc. Work together to take action in correcting cost deviations.
* Order and conduct monthly inventory of wine, liquor and other supplies.
* Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
* Locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
* Contribute to unit awareness and involvement in public relations efforts and advertising.
* Oversee repairs and maintenance of the premises; supervise any remodels
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* A minimum of 5 years' experience as a General Manager in full-service restaurant with an emphasis on upscale experiences of similar volume and clientele to our unit with an Italian restaurant experience a plus. Bachelor's degree or higher in Hospitality, Management, Business, or other applicable specialization preferred.
* Knowledge of your venue's featured Italian cuisine and beverages is a plus. (i.e. For a fine-dining Italian Restaurant, representatives should know history, origin, content, and preparation methods of Italian cuisine and wines.)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Servsafe certification required.
* Food Safety Handler certification required.
* Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification required.
COMPUTER AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
* Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. online or digital reservation systems).Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
#LI-AS2Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...