Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Consultant, Core Business Operations, Cloud Engineering in New York, NY and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Advising on strategy and designing and implementing, migrating, and operating cloud solutions including cloud operations optimization, native development, integration, and as-a-service based services. Participating in various aspects of the full software development lifecycle for software applications, which may including requirements gathering, application configuration design, business process analysis, scripting, code deployments, enhancement validation, triage of defects and change requests, escalations and urgent issues. Evaluating clients technology needs, developing customized applications and draft technical and functional design documentation. Identifying and mitigating risks in process and technology for client engagements. Functioning as integrators between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients business needs. Defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing, prototyping, and testing custom technology solutions, and supporting system implementation. Developing dashboard wireframes and designing requirements based on discussion with an understanding of technical and visual design considerations. Developing and maintaining project deliverables for clients for all phases of the software development lifecycle to substantially build the system functionalities. Creating test cases and performing functional, non-functional, system integration, black-box, white-box, and end-to-end testing of software applications. Researching user reported issues with software applications, identifying root causes and resolutions, implementing fixes, and liaising between business functions, end users, and technical delivery teams. Creating technical and functional specifications, including screen layouts, navigation flows, logic diagrams, data models, process models, and pseudo code, to be used for application development. Tracking application defects using defect tracking tools; coordinating defect resolution efforts, and documenting resolution details. Performing assessments of existing information systems, and identifying gaps between business requirements and current system capabilities. Estimating time and resources needed for the development work. Designing sub-components of larger application systems. Integrating the applications with each other and continuously optimizing the system structure to improve stability and performance.
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology, Engineering (any), CIS, MIS or a related field.
* One year of experience in the offered position or a position in a related occupation.
* Must have one year of experience with:
* Working across all phases of the Agile and Waterfall SDLCs for the design, development, testing and implementation of Cloud and on-premises application solutions for enterprise-level clients;
* Designing and creating test cases and performing integration, system, user acceptance and performance testing;
* Drafting and creating user stories using Jira and reviewing and analyzing user stories with client stakeholders;
* Using ETL tools, including Informatica PowerCenter and IBM Data Stage, to perform data migration and create new interfaces with batch ruling using Control-M and/or Autosys;
* Creating technical, functional and low-level design documents, including architectural diagrams;
* Performing Cloud migration and integration using Dell Boomi with Salesforce, SAP, Oracle Eloqua and AWS with API integration using REST and SOAP WebServices to integrate SaaS platforms;
* Coordinating project activities with on-shore and off-shore resources to ensure accurate reporting of project status to client stakeholders and internal PMO.
* 80% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, \"Deloitte\" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XGGS19FC0319NYC15
Associated topics: business, business analyst, business intelligence, business systems analyst, consultant, customer, information technology consultant, market, marketing, sales