Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Manager, Finance Business Partner - Member Firm Combinations
The M&A Finance organization provides specialized finance-related services in support of Firm mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and Member Firm combinations. The Finance Business Partner will support the Member Firm combination leadership in meeting the financial demands and needs of their designated business.
What You'll Do
In providing finance-related services to Deloitte's Member Firm Combinations (MFC), you will partner with the business and respective Member Firm to ensure growth and enable the business to meet its financial goals. Your specific responsibilities include:
* Support M&A Finance and US MFC businesses and leadership, reporting to M&A Senior Manager, with a focus on the financial and operational performance of the Israel Member Firm combination and future MFCs
* Deliver timely financial analytics and business counsel to US MFC leadership to manage and report performance against business case, forecast, plan, strategic priorities and any other reporting needs
* Identify appropriate KPIs/metrics and benchmarks to be monitored and analyze drivers of variances between actual financials and Plan or prior year for the Member Firm financials and operations, US incremental opportunities, US investments and total business case
* Provide meaningful, actionable insights, advice, and recommendations on historic and the future financial performance to the Business' leadership
* Design and drive finance processes specific to MFCs, including annual plan, investment management and revenue tracking processes and coordinate with the Member Firm, US FSS and US EA finance business partners to implement annual plan, revenue and investment tracking
* Track MFC internal WBS code activities (investments) and communicate with respective Finance business partners, business POCs and leadership for forecast and status updates
* Collaborate with Israel (and future MFC) finance teams for various reporting and operational requirements, such as financial statements, cash forecasting, monthly close, accounts receivable, forecast, annual planning, partner financial services, pipeline, headcount, utilization, and other KPIs.
* Collaborate with Reporting & Analysis and Controllership Centers of Excellence to execute operating model updates and to build analyses to drive insights and recommendations
* Liaise with M&A Accounting Senior Manager on MFC GL, close processes and tracking and managing assets, including capitalization to the balance sheet and amortization
* The ideal candidate will possess a flexible work style as the scope and variety of work will frequently change depending on the current portfolio and pipeline of transactions. Some travel, approximately 10-15%, will be required, including international travel, given the hands-on nature of the role. A US-based office location is required to enable flexibility for scope and travel.
What You'll Need
* Minimum of 5+ years of relevant finance and/or accounting experience
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Financial Reporting and Analysis
* Understanding of SAP/SWIFT and other financial applications
* Understanding of business case models
* Advanced in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or related subject
* Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
* Financial Reporting and Analysis
* Working with Senior Leadership
* Problem solving skills
* Quality and risk management
* Project management
* Change management
* Business process improvement
* Providing thought leadership
* Formulating and delivering action plans for high profile strategic initiatives
* Developing innovative solutions to business issues
What's Nice to Have
* Previous finance experience in a professional services firm
* CPA or MBA preferred
The M&A Finance organization provides critical support to Deloitte's mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and member firm combinations. Respected as a trusted advisor, the M&A Finance team provides guidance and value to senior management in all areas related to acquisitions. We are a tightly knit high-performing team, pride ourselves on exceptional service and the ability to build long-term, mutually beneficial, trusted partnerships. Although the team is disbursed nationally, we are well connected in a virtual setting.
How You'll Grow
Due to the M&A Finance group's specialized and focused mission, our team members participate in opportunities that enhance personal and professional growth and the accomplishment of career objectives. Professional development and helping our people grow are two core beliefs at Deloitte. We provide access to advanced training programs and expert-taught workshops as well as mentoring and coaching to help you grow. We nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities, from hands-on experience to increases in responsibility to rewarding teamwork. We believe that development has no ceiling and we offer lifetime learning opportunities for people at every level of the organization.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, \"Deloitte\" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: E19NATSMGRAH075-CL5