Marketing Lead Specialist - Deloitte Consulting
Are you a marketing and communications professional who is unafraid to think differently, always going the extra mile, and keeps current on the latest marketing trends? Are you looking to take your skills to the next level? Are you interested in working with different businesses executing strategic marketing campaigns? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working with colleagues in a virtual setting, to meet our business and client needs?
The Marketing & Communications Lead Specialist supports and drives the execution and delivery of market development campaigns through the efforts of the aligned team. Collaborates (leading at times) with colleagues in the Marketing & Communications Center of Excellence to differentiate the Deloitte brand, drive Deloitte's business priorities forward, innovate new marketing and communications solutions, and deliver distinct client experiences. Potential to facilitate marketing and communications targeting activities through assisting with social media campaigns, content marketing, supporting business expansion initiatives, developing promotional marketing materials and targeting tools, and managing major promotional events such as trade shows, industry speaking events, sponsorships, and internal conferences related to key clients.
Deloitte's Marketing & Communications team provides value to the U.S. Firms by differentiating the Deloitte brand, driving Deloitte's business priorities forward, innovating new marketing solutions, and delivering distinct client experiences. We develop cutting-edge marketing plans, creative assets, and unique experiences that engage our clients; deliver on the strategy of our businesses in the marketplace; and capture the hearts, minds, and loyalty of our clients.
* Marketing & Communications Fundamentals - possess a mastery-level understanding of marketing and communications basics, with ability to recognize and implement an integrated approach to drive business goals
* Research - conducting research, drawing insights from the information, sharing a point of view / perspective and applying the knowledge to the activities at hand with examples to include client targeting activities or pursuit support (building baseline proposal documents, core firm information, team member biographies, qualifications, media/marketplace trend research, development of FAQs and speeches, etc.)
* Writing - ability to edit pieces independently and providing content that is close to final prior to passing to supervisor for review with a focus on more complex pieces that have great potential for consumption; Ability to work with a variety of content types, including but not limited to social media activities, managing newsletters, supporting internal communications campaigns or byline articles; Idea generation becomes a greater component of this role
* Database management - through oversight and maintaining contact and account team data or event registrations; Understanding of relationship of changes and recognizing the need to follow changes through to maintain integrity of the data; Ability to self-review and quality check work for accuracy
* Event support - includes experiential marketing planning and execution; Can include planning logistics, invitations, registration, conference materials and on-site experience
* Content development, optimization and marketing - exercise judgement around content and edits when creating/updating decks, drafting collateral materials, crafting or reviewing videos scripts or updating website content; Ability to carry changes through documents and key points in messages
* Reporting - develops reports that tell a compelling story; The focus is on applied analytics and using data to make decisions and persuade others to follow a course of action
* Project management - required in most aspects of the role of a Lead; begin to transition to managing projects and the work of others; need to be flexible and able to manage multiple projects with competing timelines and ability to proactively manage up (knowing when to start to identify and push solutions or escalate for help with issue resolution).
* Project management with detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
* Team oriented approach with ability to take initiative, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet client expectations and deadlines across multiple projects
* Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Organized with ability to prioritize and manage client expectations across multiple, competing projects/priorities with aggressive due dates and quick turn-around times
* Specialized skills and experiences may be required relative to operations/process excellence
* Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a virtual team, experience in large corporate setting and/or professional services a plus
* Demonstrated leadership, maturity and accountability displayed through extra-curricular and community activities
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Executive presence, professional client service manner, demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management and adapt to business needs
* Interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills, including ability to interact with and coach senior leaders and highly intellectual thinkers
* Collaborative working style to build relationships, including collaborating with multiple business marketing teams, technology teams, sales, and vendors
* Excellent Outlook/Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
* Marketing fundamentals with a focus on marketing strategy/trends and execution in the B2B arena
* Editing and/or copy editing and proofreading skills; Knowledge of editorial style
* Familiarity with video/motion design and digital/web applications a plus
* Experience using social media platforms (including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, SlideShare, Instagram, YouTube), internet engagement and strategic best practices for reader engagement and user experience
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field
* 5+ years of specifically relevant experience required
* Travel of up to 25%
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, \"Deloitte\" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: E19NYCSSPEJD079-MCL4