Deloitte Tax LLP
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS)
National Tax Accounting Group (NTAG), Tax Senior Manager
Do you have a passion for provision and tax accounting? Do you enjoy assisting companies with their financial reporting for income taxes needs in a consultative environment? Are you interested in combining your ASC 740 experience and innovated mindset to assist tax departments in their efforts to operate more efficiently? If you say yes - then we have the career opportunity to keep you challenged and satisfied!
Work you'll do:
As a NTAG Tax Senior Manager, you will:
* Lead engagement teams and work with Partners and Managing Directors to provide day-to-day management of tax accounting projects.
* Manage tax accounting projects to provide a standardized approach and materials to deliver provision services to relationship clients.
* Work closely Partners/Directors to help increase the ASC 740 skills of our Talent pipeline, drive innovation, enhance cross-service line teaming, grow tax revenue, and build our Deloitte brand.
* Mentor and develop engagement staff and seniors, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
* Actively participate in marketplace activities, recruiting, and process and technology innovation.
* Identify service opportunities and advance various Deloitte Tax initiatives.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation - all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality.
Our National Tax Accounting Group (NTAG) operates within Deloitte's NFTS practice. NTAG professionals offer a combination of tax accounting technical capabilities and an innovative mindset to help our clients mitigate risk and identify opportunities. NTAG assists companies with all aspects of their financial reporting for income taxes including tax provision assistance and tax accounting guidance and consulting related to planning initiatives and strategic transactions (e.g., acquisition accounting, disc ops accounting and carve-out financial statements). In addition, we bring a fresh perspective with a strategic, innovated mindset, which allows us to increase the efficiency of the tax accounting process.
* 7+ years' experience with ASC 740 and/or IAS 12
* Broad understanding and experience with federal income taxation
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related field required
* CPA, or other appropriate certification
* Professional services or comparable tax organization experience
* Experience with ONESOURCE Tax Provision (OTP) or other similar provision software
* Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
* Proven management experience indicating strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and manage budgets and work plans
* Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
* Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
* Travel required
* Advanced degree such as MST or MAcc
As used in this posting, \"Deloitte\" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: E19NATTSRMRK053-NT