Location: New York City, NY
US Innovation - Manager, Innovation Strategy
If you are fascinated about how digital technology is transforming business, plan your next career move with Deloitte's US Innovation team.
Deloitte's breadth, depth, and scale, combined with our relentless passion for innovation create powerful opportunities to help our clients and our own organization stay ahead of change, deliver impact that matters, and transform complexity and disruption into lasting value.
Our Innovation team is already leveraging Artificial Intelligence, analytics and leading edge automation capabilities to transform how we serve clients and operate our business. Moreover, the team is also actively exploring nascent applications such as IoT, Blockchain and AR/VR.
Work You'll Do:
The Manager will help lead the development of the innovation strategy for the firm and digitization of the firm's businesses. The Manager will have the opportunity to collaborate with Deloitte's various businesses - Consulting, Risk & Financial Advisory, Audit and Tax - to assist with the structuring and execution of their individual innovation objectives.
Key activities include: identifying opportunities to leverage Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Automation to change the way we sell and deliver our services, facilitating the incubation and scaling of new client solutions, designing and managing programs to facilitate revenue growth from new businesses and/or efficiency improvements across Deloitte, driving collaboration and knowledge-sharing throughout Deloitte, and defining innovation-related branding/communication strategies.
The Manager will develop thinking, lead and execute on multiple innovation projects or work-streams. This includes activities such as:
* Leadership and oversight of various work-streams for innovation projects and programs with multiple stakeholders
* Collaborating with teams across Deloitte businesses and functions and providing recommendations for innovation-related strategies
* Overseeing the development of detailed project/program execution plans and tracking against milestones
* Developing and sharing points of view on new innovation approaches, technologies, and tools based on external research
* Facilitating ideation/brainstorming sessions and collaboration workshops
* Developing executive level communications/presentations
* Designing and executing innovation programs around knowledge sharing
* Developing high degree of trust with key internal client base
The US Innovation group supports Deloitte's strategic innovation goals. The group focuses on sensing emerging trends; incubating breakthrough technologies and solutions; driving and orchestrating the firm's digital transformation; and communicating to our people and the marketplace the vision and impact of the firm's innovation and digital transformation efforts. The group also works with firm leaders to help set, shape, achieve - and then refresh - innovation goals.
The US Innovation group is unique in Deloitte. Its focus is to rapidly identify, shape, experiment and incubate new business opportunities that leverage leading edge technologies. We operate as a cross-between an applied R&D (emphasis on Development), venture capital investor and a start-up. All team members are respected and called upon for their creativity, insights and ability to make an impact, regardless of title or tenure. And most are challenged to work on multiple projects at one time. The work is intense, fast-moving and highly impactful; but most importantly fun and rewarding for those with passion for innovation.
* Professional with minimum 6 years of relevant experience
* MBA/MS or other relevant advanced degree(s) from Top tier program
* Prior experience in innovation/ strategy development for top tier companies and/or with top strategy consultancy
* Thinks strategically, handles ambiguity, and interacts with senior business leaders
* Critical and creative thinking as well as ability to execute on the details
* Outstanding analytical, research and presentation skills; exceptionally strong PowerPoint skills
* Familiarity and fluency with strategic and innovation frameworks and conceptual constructs; strong interest in strategy and innovation
* Track record of delivering results
* Ability to seamlessly interact with business leaders and their project teams
* Curiosity/interest in Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Automation technologies
* Curiosity/experience in UI/UX
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Inclusion is a major part of how we lead. It invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and fosters well-being. We seek out and involve individuals with diverse experiences and backgrounds because we know how critical this can be in making an impact that matters to our clients and our people. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We drive impact through our signature national programs: education and veterans, and through pro bono and other key programs such as board service opportunities and Impact Day. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals to help you prepare.
As used in this posting, \"Deloitte\" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NYCSMGRSW001-CL5