DSL Express is NOW HIRING OWNER OPERATORS who want to make good money with a great company! Very high percentage take home with load volume even in the worst market conditions – We keep it moving!
- Owner Operators with 2+ yrs of experience who have reliable vehicles! We want good people and will pay good money.
- Lower 48 with primary focus is on Midwest, east, southeast, south, southwest and west regions. 100% Optional High paying Canadian loads are offered to qualified applicants.
- Between $260,000 to $364,000 per year.
Apply here and get approved today!
What makes our company different?
- First and foremost, we are NOT a mega-carrier! You won’t get lost in the mix.
- We have been in business 20 years and we’ve seen it all. Experienced.
- We have multiple offices in the US covering East, Midwest and West regions.
- We have 24 hour dispatch with 2nd and 3rd shift guys in 3 offices. Real guys all night.
- We have built in mechanic shops at the Chicago and Vegas depots for discount maintenance.
- We have large Warehouses in Chicago and Vegas to accommodate drop and hooks.
- We do dedicated freight with Chicago area companies on a regular basis.
- We care about drivers. We have simple amenities for drivers that make a difference. Full Kitchen, Washer, Dryer, Showers, Lounge available at Chicago and Vegas Offices.
- We pride ourselves on your relationship with 4 other Chicago area Carriers. We are all family and help each other out. Mega carrier resources without being a mega carrier.
- High Gross Percentage.
- No forced dispatch.
- Home Time 100% up to you.
- 24/7 Dispatch to help you out.
- No Touch Freight.
- Weekly Direct Deposit.
- We cover Liability and Cargo Insurance in the deal.
- We cover trailer tags with rentals.
- Fuel Cards and Permits Provided at NO COST.
- Built in discount Mechanic Shop to keep your truck in top shape.
- We Lease Trailers for those who don’t have their own. 2017 and Up.
- Professional Dispatch Teams fight for top rates year around.
- Professional Dispatch Teams keep you moving.
- You are assigned a dedicated dispatcher who will get to know you.
- Must have Class A CDL. Additional Endorsements a bonus.
- Must Have 2+ yrs CDL Exp.
- Must Have Clean MVR and reasonable PSP report.
- Must Have a Reliable Tractor! We rent trailers if you don’t own one.
Compensation & Benefits:
- We Pay out VERY HIGH percentages.
- Better than industry rate. 82% of Line Haul! 18/82 split your favor.
- Liability and Cargo Insurance included and paid by us.
- Trailer tags covered and paid by us with trailer rentals.
- Our insurance broker has special rates for Bobtail insurance. 100% Optional to use.
- Hazard and Occupational Insurance available as a deduction. 100% Optional to use.
- Weekly Deduction Programs available for insurance and some expenses (if you need it).
- Cash price Fuel Cards provided. No hidden fees! We don’t expect you to front for fuel.
- Ability to Make Bonuses with a performance based Owner Operator of the Month program.
- You are rewarded with Bonuses for passed DOT inspections!! Safety is serious.
- We pay with Weekly Direct Deposit and bank transfers. No need to ever wait for checks.
- Single Driver OTR avg Gross 4K to 6K per week during slow season (Jan-Mar / Jul-Aug).
- Single Driver OTR avg Gross 6K to 8K+ per week during peak season. (All other months).
Summary of Other Incentives:
- Hometime is 100% negotiable! You set your schedule.
- We offer Unlimited miles within ELD Compliance. You want to drive, we have the loads!
- We do Dry Vans and Refer. No flat beds or dangerous tankers, doubles/triples to hassle with.
- We only accept No Touch Freight.
- We do Drop and Hook as well as Live Load and Unload.
- We Rent Trailers if you need one. Many Owners have their own but we got you covered.
- We have a strict policy about No Forced Dispatch for owner operators.
- We will assign a Dedicated Dispatcher to manager your routes.
- Dispatching available 24/7. Don’t get stuck with a problem overnight!
- Contracts with NTS Breakdown Service helps you in a pinch.
- You can Park with rented trailer near your house for home time.
- Doesn’t matter where you live. Midwest preferred but not required.
- Truck driving is a demanding job! You have to be healthy and able and willing to work!
- Must have be at least 23 years old.
- Must have Minimum 2 years of driving experience.
- Must have a valid CDL Class A without pending suspensions.
- Must be able to work with modern ELD systems.
- Must be able to pass drug test. No acceptations!
- Must have valid medical card issued.
- Must have a stable work history and good references.
- Must have no more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents in the last 3 years.
- No failed or refused drug or alcohol test in the last 4 years.
- No DWI's, DUI's and BAC's in the last 4 years.
- No reckless driving convictions in the last 3 years.
- No license suspension for points, unpaid tickets in the last 3 years.
- No more than 2 moving violations during the last year.
- Must provide no less than 3 years of work history, non-driving work history for the past 3 years will be also verified. Previous employers and references will be checked and must be verifiable.
Gross Earnings Explained:
We based the Solo Driver Gross Earnings estimate on gross of $5000 to $7000 per week as was consistent in fiscal year 2018. Gross earnings depend on your availability and number of miles you commit to driving. We normally book loads at an average of 2.00 plus per mile during low season with peaks upward of 2.60 per mile (year around averages). This does not include peak season load outliers which are above and beyond these rates. Rates fully depend on freight demand, season, geographic location, and other market conditions effecting spot and dedicated market trends and vary from year to year. In some cases load rates are MUCH higher but it is not consistent. As with all markets globally, rates go up and down. There are Owners who make less who don’t drive very much. There are Owners who make more who drive continually. This all depends on your commitment as well as market conditions going forward. But if you are a driver that likes to drive, we will put you to work and you will make excellent gross earnings. Our dispatch team is dedicated to getting top dollar year around. After all, we are partners in this. The more you make, the more we make. About DSL Express Trucking
WE'VE BUILT A REPUTATION ON EXCELLENCE IN SHIPPING AND LOGISTICS... DSL Express is a family owned and operated company that has been operating in the Midwest, West coast, and East coast for over 15 years. We are part of a federation of 5 companies with a combined fleet size of roughly 500 trucks total. Our company combined with our federation partners have something like 60 combined years of experience in this field. We have built relationships and deals with local Chicago shippers and brokers as well as shippers and brokers all over the US and in Canada. Our drivers, dispatchers, and customer service reps are comprised of experienced team members who generally go above and beyond. Our dispatchers have over 10+ years of experience and will always work with you to get you the trips and miles you want to work with flexible home time as well. We have yard parking, mechanic shops, and warehouses in the Chicago area and Las Vegas offices making your experience just a little easier. The average dispatcher to truck ratio is roughly 5 trucks for every dispatcher. One of the lowest ratios of any company. We believe that this is one of the keys to our success! This allows them to focus on whats important - you!! Even when market conditions are less than acceptable, we manage to find and secure loads which will keep you up and running. You wont be disappointed. Visit our website at http://www.dslfreight.com to learn more or call us at 888-602-1140 x140 !!