- $107,040.00 -160,420.00/year*
10 Bayside Terrace
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
E*TRADE's product teams leverage technology to help connect and scale our products. We are building out the data platform, cloud infrastructure, microservices and APIs that enable our products to scale, while making it faster and easier for engineers to develop new products and features.
In this role, you'll craft a shared vision for how our platform evolves to scale our business and you'll partner with our engineering teams to make that vision a reality. To do that, you'll need to develop a deep understanding of our products, our data integrations with partners, and the business use cases they enable. You'll use this knowledge to design platform and web services, as well as internal tools that our engineering teams can leverage across the product suite.
In particular, we're looking for someone who is comfortable discussing data models with engineers one minute and business use cases with the partnerships team the next. As the program lead you will:
* Think big-picture and long-term about how our platform needs to evolve in the coming years.
Develop a platform roadmap to meet the needs of product and engineering teams -- both internal and external -- that build on our platform.
* Discover and articulate requirements for platform APIs to power our products and optimize existing platform capabilities.
* Act as the Product Owner for APIs, including authoring, grooming and prioritizing user stories.
* Deliver functionality to the platform, prioritizing those items that drive our business forward.
* Partner in the development process with other Product Managers, architects and engineers to design and build multiple systems and services that support product features.
* Provide end-customer and product perspective for internal developer tools that enable engineers to quickly and easily build on the platform.
* Document and clearly communicate platform decisions that have an immediate impact to internal and external development teams.
* Distill complex technical issues to their essential elements and communicate those elements as necessary to non-technical audiences.
* Develop and execute plans to migrate current products from existing infrastructure to new platform services, while anticipating any risks and client impacts.
Who are you?
* Experienced as a product manager and/or program lead developing and implementing technical products, especially APIs and developer platforms.
* Comfortable leading large teams of direct reports as well as a contract / contingent workforce.
* Helped fast-growth businesses transition from a product to a platform architecture.
* An understanding of how service oriented back ends are built and structured.
* A desire to understand the business and internal developer use cases for the platform.
* Demonstrated capability of developing and evangelizing a shared vision across the organization, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Proven ability to manage complex business problems across internal and external stakeholders.
A track record of working closely and effectively with engineering and partner teams.
Cloud security interest or experience is optional but a plus.
Who are you?
You're a leader in the technology space. Some may even say, a thought leader. You're not a rookie and you know how to assess a situation and recommend solutions. Because you're a professional, you know what needs to be done and you know how to work with stakeholders to make it happen. You believe that your role is that of a mentor and coach, rather than dictator. Leadership is a skill you take seriously, and you understand what it means to build and grow healthy teams.
You are familiar with, or have contributed to, an API product journey understanding the early-stage and late-stage challenges. The status quo is hard for you and you are an advocate of contemporary, or forward looking, technology practices. You take pride in a job well-done and have a strong desire to see a product grow from an idea to a contributor to the company's growth.
No job description is finished without a bullet list of stuff. Here are some skills you may bring to the table.
* You have expertise and a strong understanding of programming principles and can consult on coding to support API and interface development and design.
* Excellent techno-functional communication skills required (read: you translate geek into real words).
* We want people that know how to effect change with grace and expertise.
* You're inquisitive and actively seek to improve your product knowledge and learn new skills and knowledge to keep up with the changing technology field, including brining new ideas to the team.
* You'll be joining a collaborative team, and that sounds great to you.
Really Nice to Haves
You've worked within a highly regulated financial services environment with a larger company. You understand what it means to care for this data, and you know how to work, grow and change the company from the inside with that in mind. You've done the Agile thing, and you are familiar with Kanban and Lean practices.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, c c++, c++, devops, matlab, sde, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...