SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Eastside Medical Center Snellville, GA
We are hiring the best and brightest, ask if you qualify for a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus.
Apply online today!
Eastside is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
The Intensive Care Unit is a spacious 18 bed general intensive care unit. It is designed with state of the art capabilities and is well equipped for caring for a varied population of critical care patients. Our unit is located on the second level of the hospital between the general medical floor and the progressive care unit.
Eastside Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care Unit. Full Time/Days, rotating weekends.
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care and evidence by documentation, observation and competencies.
- Assessment completed within time frame appropriate to population served, each shift and as needed by patient condition.
- Nursing Plan of Care is developed to meet individual patient needs according to nursing standards of care/practice for population served.
- Plan is updated with any change in patient condition.
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care: records actions and patient response.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if appropriate.
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual and cultural needs.
- Changes in patient s physiological and behavioral status are recognized, documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented and reported to the physician.
- Hand Off Communication occurs at shift change, between departments, upon transfer and discharge.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain scale) intervention, re-assessment within appropriate time period.
- Implements orders in timely manner.
- Meets physical and psychosocial needs for an assigned group of patients.
- Patient care is prioritized and delegated based on patient needs.
- Provides patient care with consideration of professional ethics. Utilizes hospital ethics policies appropriately.
- Maintains responsibility for patients assigned to LPNs or Nurse Technicians (directs their activities within their scope of practice.
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers medication according to policy; Scans and performs Medication Reconciliation.
- Follows policies and procedures regarding safety and precautions, uses all safety devices and processes.
- Ensures accuracy in scanning and documentation of meds
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy; HIPAA.
- Current Georgia RN license
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BLS American Heart Association
- CPI (required within 60 days of hire)
- Good communication skills
- Critical care experience required
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care unit, ccu, hospice, mhb, nurse clinical, psychatric, surgical, unit