We have an amazingopportunity for someone to join the leading Wellness 360 Practice at EdelmanNY. Wellness 360 leads pioneering campaigns across a variety of businesssectors that drive growth and positively impact individuals and society.Whether it be creating bold health movements, launching new products orrevitalizing brands, this practice has been at the helm of some of the mostrelevant and newsworthy campaigns over the last decade.
Wellness 360 client'sspan across the health sector, as well as non-profit advocacy, food, nutrition,beauty, tech and other consumer brands. The ideal person will be interested inhealth and wellness and all that is happening in our culture to impact the waypeople view and manage their health.
TheAssistant Account Executive will contribute to daily account work. S/he willmanage small projects and contribute to larger projects as directed by projectleaders. S/he will learn Edelman's various consulting processes/approaches,including public engagement, message workshops, master narrative assignments,brand engagement, social media campaigns and stakeholder mapping exercises andsupport account teams in the execution of these processes for clients. Expectedcompetencies include:
* Demonstrateunderstanding of key client information including business strategy, industryissues, products and services, key customers and competitors
* Provide accountadministration including meeting deadlines, troubleshooting problems, attendingclient meetings and conference calls and reporting weekly/monthly activity andcoverage
* Manage media relationsby identifying & working with target media and demonstrating a network oftraditional and online media contacts and influencers
* Demonstrate anunderstanding of and implement public engagement and social media programs
* Write press materialsand internal communications
* Edit and proofreadwritten materials for quality and adherence to appropriate writing style
* Manage projects usingorganizational skills, working with colleagues, vendors and support agenciesand keeping project leaders apprised of status
* Coordinate publicrelations tactics by managing workflow, logistics and interaction with mediaand influencers
* Develop clientinteraction skills Implement traditional and online research techniquesDemonstrate understanding of how to use and apply to client objectives, basicsocial media tools including blogs, Twitter, RSS feeds, microblogging, social networks,etc.
* Participate in the newbusiness process, including research, audits, preparation of proposals andsupport for new business pitches
The assistant account executive must have at least one year of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing.
S/he will have an intricate level of understanding of the account(s), the clients' businesses, products, markets, personnel, outside influencers, opposition, etc. S/he will have a solid grasp of all basic public relations tools and how they are used to achieve client goals. S/he also will have solid research, writing and editing skills and the ability to develop media contacts/relationships. S/he is expected to have a fundamental understanding of media outreach assignments and apply experience and initiative in developing appropriate traditional and online media strategies. A bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college is preferred. Consumer, Food, and/or Health Wellness industry experience is highly preferred.