Elderwood at Lockport is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team of dedicated clinicians.
Elderwood at Lockport is a Long Term Care (LTC) and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) serving the geriatric population. The subacute services offered include Cardiac Rehab, Oncology, Orthopedic Rehab, SMARTS Express Care and Wound Care. We also offer specialty programs that include Adult Medical Day, Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care.
Registered Nurse (RN) Position Overview:
- Registered Nurse (RN) team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by assisting in the planning, organizing, developing and directing nursing services provided to our residents. They also assure that nursing personnel are providing adequate nursing care in accordance with established nursing service procedures.
- This is a Full-Time (FT) Opportunity; position includes an every other weekend commitment and holiday coverage.
- This facility runs the following shift times for RNs: 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a (availability of these shifts will be discussed during pre-screen phone call)
Registered Nurse (RN) Job Duties:
- Consistently demonstrate Elderwood Administrative Services Core Values:
- Administer medications and treatments to assigned residents as ordered by physician and utilizing the five rights as applicable.
- Participate in quality improvement programs upon request
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Assistants of the assigned team.
- Assist Nursing Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
- Report to Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, change of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
- Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
- Received controlled substances from the shift Supervisory Nurse and is responsible for all aspects of the storage and distribution of these medications; ensure proper and safe placement and use of medications stored in medication cart, stock medication cupboards, medication room refrigerator and narcotic cabinets.
- Maintain documentation regarding the care plans of residents in the Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records.
- Ensure that resident care standards are maintained in performance of duties, and that the rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected.
- Ensure that residents and staff are treated with respect and kindness at all times.
- Participate in Change-of-Shift Report and is responsible for bringing nursing personnel of next shift up-to-date about the care and needs of residents.
- Provide assessment of needs and resident care planning information as necessary and requested by nurses and other health care disciplines.
- Contact MD/NP/PA for orders or updates; conduct skin evaluations and diabetic nail care; update family members as needed.
- Assist in completion of nursing admission evaluations.
- Arrives to work on time, regularly, and work as scheduled; responsible for own transportation.
- Observes and practices confidentiality of resident information and privacy when performing job duties.
- Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this position, and for all staff members of this facility.
- Attends facility meetings, staff meetings and required or preferred in-services.
- Generates and develops ideas which improve the quality of care for residents or increase position productivity and satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Registered Nurse (RN) Qualifications:
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nurse Program.
- Must possess a valid and current license in New York State.
- Preferred to have a minimum of one (1) year experience in a staff nurse capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices preferred.
- Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
- Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual required.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, care, ccu, mhb, neonatal, nurse rn, recovery, registed, surgical