Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life. I: Job Summary
Perform filling of parenteral pharmaceuticals in accordance with cGMP regulations. Responsible for setup and operation of equipment and processes associated with sterile filling processes . II: Responsibilities
- Work under general supervision of more experienced Technicians or Manufacturing Supervisor to produce parenteral drugs
- Comply with cGMP regulations, adhere to EBSI policies, and adhere to EBSI SOP and Batch Record directions.
- Complete all necessary documentation in a manner that complies with Good Documentation Practices as tasks are performed.
- Independently setup, assemble, and operate all equipment necessary for the daily manufacturing of products, especially related to aseptic operations in the sterile core, in accordance with current industry, client and EBSI standards.
- Effectively troubleshoot equipment during operation to ensure effective and efficient operations while maintaining high quality and service to the client.
- Assist the Validation and Maintenance staff with the operation and execution of engineering projects.
- Conduct training sessions for less experienced Technicians to ensure a high level of effectiveness and quality is met during production operations.
- Perform cleaning and preparation of all equipment necessary for the daily manufacturing of products in the preparation area and clean room.
- Perform housekeeping, plant upkeep, and sanitization activities throughout production area as required
- Prepare clean or sterile equipment as necessary for routine aseptic operations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned. III: Education, Experience & Skills
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements
- BA/BS in any field
- Or High School/AA with at least 3 years experience in a GMP environment
Must be able to stand/operate in sterile core for 3-4 hours intervals and assist with loading and unloading of lyophilized vials, which requires standing for 2-4 hours. Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 30 lbs, and pull 30 lbs. Use phone, fax, copier, and computer.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Associated topics: fertilize, inventory, manage, management, manufacture, plant, plant management, prune, ship, transplant