- EMPOWER PROFESSIONALS
- $107,040.00 -160,420.00/year*
18 Brentwood Ct
Role: Senior Applications Engineer (Ruby on Rails)Location: San Francisco, CADuration: FulltimeDescription:
Edge Central Monitoring:
- Client's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Client's Clinical Cloud connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Client platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments.
- We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Monitoring and reviewing clinical trial data is a critical step to ensuring the success of any clinical development plan. But today's manual processes can often result in errors, compromising data quality and incurring costly study delays.
- Client's Edge Central Monitoring (formerly CSA) provides immediate insight into clinical trial site performance and data quality.
- An integral part of the Medidata Clinical Cloud, Edge Central Monitoring integrates data from different systems and provides a comprehensive report for each subject, making it easier for teams to detect and track critical data changes throughout trial execution.
Your Mission:\" Design and enhance features for a large-scale service environment with a focus on performance, scalability, quality and extensibility\" Strong API service development experience using Ruby on Rails
- Client is looking for an experienced server-side software engineer to design, enhance and implement new features and functionality in Client's Central Monitoring product.
- Edge Central Monitoring is a modern, single-instance multi-tenant web application engineered to support hundreds of clinical trials.
- Our application is built with Ruby on Rails, Python, uses a PostgreSQL database and is hosted in AWS.
- As an engineer on Edge Central Monitoring, you'll be challenged both to develop new features in response to market demand and improve the performance and scalability of the application to meet the rapidly growing user base.
- As a Senior Applications Engineer you will have the opportunity to work as an individual contributor or as a technical lead of a team of developers, based on the size and scope of a feature.
\" Embrace test-driven development with complete code coverage and continuous integration
\" Provide diagnostic support and fix bugs for service features
\" Follow Client's Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
\" Work with Agile team members, including UI engineers, testers and Product Management, to ensure that the products we develop meet the requirements of our customers
\" Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
\" Share your knowledge and experience with a highly motivated and collaborative team in regards to code reviews, software designs as well as all other engineering and business aspectsYour Competencies:\" Proven technical leadership regarding feature design, enhancement and implementation within a single instance multi-tenant service environment
\" Ability to solve complex problems and provide solutions that can be applied optimally in a service environment
\" Strong cross team collaboration skills
\" Effective communication skills to relay technical information to various cross functional teams and clients
\" Effectively execute processes associated with the software development life cycleYour Education & Experience:\" Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
\" Extensive experience supporting API services built with Rails and associated technologies
\" Experience with any one of the relational database technology like MySQL, Postgress, Oracle, SQL
\" Experience designing and writing unit and integration tests to maintain a high level of code coverage and quality standards
\" Experience with Git preferred
\" Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum preferred
Associated topics: .net, application, develop, developer, perl, programming, sdet, software developer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...