With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world's largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 630 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and results are a way of life.
Reporting to the Director - Executive Office, the Senior Executive Assistant provides senior level administrative and project support to the President's Office in New York. This position will assist with the day-to-day operations of the Executive Office.
* Represent the President and Environmental Defense Fund with Trustees, donors, stakeholders, staff and high-level external contacts such as industry and NGO CEOs, Members of Congress, high-ranking officials.
* Manage and maximize the President's extensive meeting schedule and maintain his calendar in Outlook; determine and track priorities and deadlines and reconcile conflicts.
* Manage heavy and dynamic domestic and international travel needs; plan travel itineraries, book transportation and lodging; resolve logistical issues prior to and during travel.
* Screen and vet internal and external meeting requests, speaking invitations, media requests with relevant staff and/or the President, RSVP and/or schedule.
* Coordinate and maintain a schedule of regular and recurring meetings, e.g., with direct reports, key staff.
* Assist the President in preparing for appointments by securing in advance talking points, background information and supporting materials from appropriate sources.
* Follow up on appointments by scheduling debriefs and downloads for the President with pertinent staff to ensure follow-up items are actioned.
* Coordinate logistics details for speaking events with the event coordinator, work with staff to ensure the President is prepared, e.g., formatted speech, booked rehearsal time.
* Screen, respond to, route and document telephone calls, emails and other correspondence/communications; follow up if necessary.
* Process corporate American Express charges, out of pocket expense reports and invoices in a timely manner.
* Ensure that contracts, authorizations and other binding documents are reviewed for accuracy and appropriate terms by pertinent staff and/or external parties prior to presenting to the President for signature.
* Prepare, proofread/edit letters, memos, draft emails, reports, presentations and other materials for the President's review and approval.
* Make arrangements for the President's meal needs, including personal lunches, group working meals, catering for meetings and events.
* Arrange conference services (audio/video) and conference room bookings, as required.
* Maintain digital and physical files, including confidential and proprietary information and documents, including personnel matters, litigation and business agreements.
* Keep President's extensive contacts current; identify additions and updates through correspondence and following meetings and events.
* Oversee the activities of the Executive Assistant to the Chief of Staff related to administrative support to the President, e.g., mail log, contacts and expenses.
* Manage small projects assigned by the Director-Executive Office, Chief of Staff or the President by establishing objectives, determining priorities, garnering/allocating resources, problem solving and seeing efforts through to completion.
* All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Minimum 5 years of experience providing support to C-level executives; experience in the non-profit sector a plus
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, manage competing priorities
* Proactive; ability to react to time sensitive or dynamic situations
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships both internal and external to the organization
* Respective, inclusive, collaborative, effective team member
* Professional demeanor; tactful and diplomatic in difficult situations
* Excellent time management and organizational skills; detail oriented
* Analytical and problem solving acumen
* Excellent judgment and discretion, ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
* Research-savvy, resourceful and internet proficient
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other standard business applications, e.g., conference booking, expense reporting
* Ability to work extended hours, as required
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.