Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community employees and residents striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That's what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Under the direction of the VP, Investments, you will assist with the underwriting and due diligence process for all acquisitions, developments, dispositions, and renovations in the assigned portfolio. As an Investment Analyst, you are tasked with helping to maximize EQR's overall portfolio value via ongoing investment performance monitoring and in depth portfolio level analysis. You will be heavily involved in monitoring and analyzing monthly Property Operating Statements and Variance Analysis while proactively making suggestions to improve the ROI of portfolio assets. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to work independently, ask questions when needed, think strategically, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills.WHO YOU ARE
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analytical and Creative. You like thinking outside the box while coming up with effective solutions to complex challenges. Comfort around asking critical questions, challenging the status quo, proposing actions from the owner's point of view, and responding to changes in the marketplace.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- Organized and Confident. You are flexible, composed, and able to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously while confidently interacting with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- A Solution-Oriented Team Player. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments.
- Formulate underwriting models for all assigned development, investment, redevelopment, and renovation projects.
- Organize due diligence activities for transactions that are under agreement, while working closely with our Property Management team on the successful integration of new acquisitions/developments.
- Prepare presentations and memorandums for Investment Committee review.
- Conduct appraisals on the performance of specific assets, including revising cash flow forecast, and the redevelopment costs vs. budget figures on a quarterly and or/semi-annual basis.
- Closely monitor capital spending programs including tenant improvements and redevelopment to ensure that the program is within the budget guidelines.
- Interact daily with Investment Officers, Vice President of Property Management, Regional Managers, real estate brokers, appraisers, environmental consultants, real estate tax consultants, and internal business partners.
- Perform market research (including shopping competitive properties) to assist in the assessment of submarkets and property performance; tracks critical indicators such as multi-family permits/completions, sales comparables, and single family activity.
- Work with pricing team to evaluate and improve pricing model, including LRO / Realpage review and amenity pricing analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business, or other related field or relevant work experience.
- 2-4 years related real estate experience with a strong understanding of financial concepts such as IRR and NPV.
- Must possess strong analytical mindset, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint and technical expertise with complex financial modeling.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
Associated topics: analyst, bi, business analytic, financial analytic, forecasting, inspect, investment fund, legal, refine, refinement