NY-New York Corporate
230 W. 41st Street
New York, NY US
Job Type :
Job Id :
Working forEquity Residential means being part of a community ? employees and residents ?striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about newideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and worktogether. That's what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Under the direction of the VicePresident, the Regional Manager is responsible for the overall operations ofeach community in his/her portfolio, which is typically six to ten communities. Our Regional Managers are strong, dynamicteam leaders with a passion for employee engagement and a strong focus oncoaching performance that drives resident satisfaction and financial results.As a Regional Manager, you will provide direction to your property managementleadership team and will be accountable for your portfolio's overall businessresults ? which include an emphasis on customer service, employee performance,and the implementation of corporate initiatives.
As a Regional Manager, your days will be full,fast-paced, and challenging. You will monitor a wide array of performancemetrics, implement strategies to meet operational and leasing goals, analyzeand respond to changing market conditions, and identify areas for improvement.You will direct operational, sales, and maintenance initiatives throughout yourportfolio, exemplifying Equity Residential's brand each and every day bythinking like an owner and ensuring that your team members have the resourcesthey need to be successful and to deliver on our resident commitments.
At Equity, being a leader is much more thansitting in an office directing others from behind a computer screen; we believein leading by example and walking in the shoes of the people you manage. To bea successful Regional Manager, you will spend more time in the field than inthe corporate office ? walking your communities with Community Managers andService Managers and supplementing your already robust knowledge of yourcommunities, competitors, and market conditions with direct feedback and inputof all on-site team members. You will also leverage your strengths inrelationship building on a daily basis, partnering with colleagues across alllevels and departments of the organization (Facilities, Investments, HR,Capital/Renovation, etc.) with the shared goal of maximizing the potential ofasset performance and property employees in your region.
WHO YOU ARE
* A Leader. You build effective teams and provide direction to help those teamsachieve goals and operate cooperatively and cohesively.
* A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear andeffective, helping you connected well with others.
* A Talent Owner. You will use a variety of approaches to helpothers develop their capabilities.
* A Savvy Operator. You understand the business and use goodjudgment to guide it.
* Organized and Accountable. You have exceptional management abilities and areable to juggle the needs of changing priorities at your communities whileaccomplishing objectives through motivating a high-performing team.
* Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions and newchallenges.
* Levelheaded. You keep your cool during stressful situations and quickly findsolutions.
* Flexible and Adaptable. You understand that the world does not existthrough black and white lenses and embrace opportunity to live in the gray.
* Confident and Decisive. You take initiative, trust your gut, and are notafraid to make decisions or deliver a difficult message.
* Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals and help your teams reachtheirs.
* Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting yourteams and residents know that they matter.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Provide leadership and direction to the managementteams of approximately three to fiveproperties, ensuring that properties are operating under all applicable EQRpolicies, procedures and programs.
* Teach and model strong real estate and people judgment.
* Motivate staff through positive recognition and strong leadership.
* Implement company-wide initiatives by marshalling resources within the portfolio toremove obstacles and deliver results, communicating the \"why\" in order to leadchange and deliver results, and adapting company initiatives within the scopeof the program to meet property-specific needs.
* Monitor performance of portfolio, people and functional groups. Understandfinancial statements and property metrics to assess portfolio performance anddrive business results.
* Prepare and assist Vice President in preparing annual budget and makerecommendations regarding the operating plans and capital improvement projectsfor each property, monitoring budget compliance and operating plans throughoutthe year.
* Play a key role at portfolio/regional meetings, presenting information pertaining to goalsand/or results, employee recognition, etc.
* Collaborate with corporate departments in the implementation and monitoring of programsand processes at the properties. These include legal and audit compliance,regulatory agency compliance, risk management, safety, marketing initiatives,training, pricing, procurement, preventive maintenance, contract services, andancillary services.
* Oversee the administration of all maintenance and leasing activities at theproperties. Conduct propertyvisits/inspections and provides direction on operations and residentissues. Interact with residents toresolve escalated customer service issues.
* Review and approve reports from properties including payroll changes, payables, and statusreports. Approve purchase orders andinvoices as necessary.
* Perform duties normally associated with asupervisory position, such as hiring,training, coaching, workforce planning, performance management, salaryadministration, disciplinary counseling, and termination of subordinates. Provide guidance to Community Managers on the same matters. Maintain an open door policy to addressemployee issues and concerns.
* Perform market analysis of competitive product and review results of competitive surveys withthe Pricing Department to develop pricing strategies and monitor results.Communicate frequently with Vice President, Investments Team, and other seniormanagement, keeping them informed of any market changes, staffing issues and capitalitems.
* Ensure a smooth transition during the management of property dispositionsor acquisitions within assigned portfolio.
* Represent the company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintain aprofessional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, subordinates,coworkers, and the general public.
* Minimum of 3 years of multi-siteportfolio management and supervisory experience
* Top-notch communication skills,including excellent writing, presenting, and public speaking abilities
* Demonstrated leadership abilities withcommunity teams and peers, strong personnel management skills, and excellentcommunication skills required
* Solid track record of employee developmentand engagement
* Proven performer with a reputation forresults and attention to detail
* BA/BS degreestrongly preferred
* Relevant industrydesignation (CAM, CPM, etc.) and active involvement with industry associations(NAA, IREM, etc.) a plus
* High-rise andmixed-use (retail) experience highly desired
Werecognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in additionto a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off),we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid timeoff for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeingpage here.
A career path is way too narrow a journey - we want you to move up, over, around, and through your potential.
Make your mark.
And, make it remarkable.
CUSTOMERS COME FIRST
LIKE WHAT YOU DO