Are you looking for the best summer job ever? Look no further because ESF is hiring 30+ Science Instructors to work across our 13 locations from mid-June through mid-August!
Join our mission-driven team for a fun and rewarding summer! Make a positive impact on children while receiving comprehensive training, professional development, resume building and networking opportunities. ESF offers competitive compensation, accredited internships and field work hours for graduate and undergraduate students, discounted camp tuition for children of team members, CEU credits, flexible schedules and an employee referral program consisting of bonuses and ESF gear!
What will you do all summer (in addition to having fun with your campers and fellow team members)? A Science Instructor is responsible for:
* Supervising campers [ages three (3) to fifteen (15)]
* Facilitating science activities using ESF supplies and curriculum
* Providing a safe and fun learning environment
* Serving as a positive role model
ESF is hiring motivated leaders with prior experience supervising children who believe in ESF's mission, build positive relationships and ensure the well-being of others.
Position Scope Factors
A Science Instructor's hours are from 8:15am-3:45pm; Monday ? Friday. Start and end times may vary depending on the location and camp. Science Instructors also have the opportunity to work extended hours for additional income. Depending on the location, Science Instructors work up to ten (10) consecutive weeks from mid-June through mid-August.
A Science Instructor has the opportunity to teach any of the following programs:
* Project Discovery: Campers (ages 4-6) become scientists and environmental stewards through scientific investigations and outdoor explorations; one (1) of many exciting activities during the camp day
* Specialty Science Camps: Campers (ages 6-14) are immersed in a variety of subjects and principles within week long science programs that include experiments, dissections and more!
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Provide group supervision of campers with attention to behavior and group management, safety, security and skill development
* Organize daily lesson plans in a fun and creative manner
* Implement ESF curriculum; bring lesson plans to life for campers through participation, support and guidance
* Use effective classroom management skills to lead the activity and effectively create an inclusive, fun environment
* Motivate campers by creating fun for them in your activity (i.e. songs, games, cheers, etc.)
* Encourage creativity and critical thinking
* Work effectively with fellow Instructors and Counselors; collaborate on daily responsibilities
* Complete assigned paperwork
* Exhibit ESF core values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
* Have fun
* Other responsibilities as assigned
Position Competencies for Success
* Understand and support the mission of the organization
* Commit to the growth and development of youth
* Work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
* Demonstrate outstanding communication skills; using clear, concise and professional language when interacting with campers, camp families and colleagues
* Be responsible, reliable and safe
* Always have a positive, can-do attitude
* Be patient, caring and creative
* Produce consistent, high-quality work
* Demonstrate excellent judgment; identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
* Be a flexible, adaptive and a team player
* Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
* Prior classroom teaching/field work experience or two (2) years of ESF experience
* Science background preferred
* Previous experience working with children
* Previous camp experience preferred
* Teaching certification preferred
* Minimum two (2) years of college completed
* Reports directly to and takes direction from Camp Director. May also take direction from the Site Director.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
* Push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds across campus
* Work outside, upright and mobile for six (6) to eight (8) hours per day
* Respond to emergency situations which may include running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and ascending stairs without undue exertion
* Possess physical capacity to fulfill all essential job functions ? responsibilities listed above
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Associated topics: after school, beam, branch, camp counselor, coordinator, group, program, resident, site, teen
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.