Are you looking for the best summer job ever? Look no further because ESF is hiring 30+ Instructional Specialists to work across our 13 locations from mid-June through mid-August!
Join our mission-driven team for a fun and rewarding summer! Make a positive impact on children while receiving comprehensive training, professional development, unique resume building and networking opportunities. ESF offers competitive compensation, accredited internships and field work hours for graduate and undergraduate students, CEU credits for teachers, flexible schedules, year-round aftercare, mentoring opportunities and an employee referral program consisting of bonuses and ESF gear!
Work in SportsLab, a revolutionary new program that celebrates the power of the multi-sports athlete. SportsLab will improve camper's athletic skills while threading a character education component through each day which will prepare young athletes for success both on and off the field of play.
What will you do all summer (in addition to having fun with your SportsLab campers, fellow Instructional Specialists and Coaches)? An Instructional Specialist is responsible for:
* Implementing ESF's SportsLab curriculum including lacrosse, basketball, soccer, baseball, flag football and more * Directing and managing sports activities * Supervising campers and Coaches during skill development and game competitions * Providing a safe and fun learning environment * Serving as a positive role model
ESF is hiring motivated leaders with prior experience supervising children who believe in ESF's mission, build positive relationships and ensure the well-being of others.
Position Scope Factors
Instructional Specialist hours are from 8:15am-3:45pm; Monday - Friday. Start and end times may vary depending on the location. Instructional Specialists also have the opportunity to work extended hours for additional income. Depending on the location, Instructional Specialists work up to ten (10) consecutive weeks from mid-June through mid-August.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Ability to deliver content in one (1) sport, based on athletic expertise * Assist in teaching and supervising other sport activities as needed * Plan, organize and facilitate skill instruction periods * Oversee game periods (timekeeping, refereeing, etc.) * Coordinate daily and weekly camp schedule with SportsLab Director * Run weekly tournaments for campers * Promote and actively participate in all camper activities * Work effectively with other Instructional Specialists and Coaches; collaborate on daily responsibilities * Complete assigned paperwork * Exhibit ESF core values at all times and to adhere to all company policies * Have fun * Other responsibilities as assigned
Position Competencies for Success
* Understand and support the mission of the organization * Commit to the growth and development of youth * Work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner * Demonstrate outstanding communication skills; using clear, concise and professional language when interacting with campers, camp families and colleagues * Be responsible, reliable and safe * Always have a positive, can-do attitude * Be patient, caring and creative * Produce consistent, high-quality work * Demonstrate excellent judgment; identify problems and work quickly to find solutions * Be a flexible, adaptive and a team player * Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
* Youth coaching and/or teaching experience required, examples include but are not limited to; coaching, babysitting, academic/athletic tutoring, camp counselor, youth volunteer, classroom assistant, etc. or one (1) year of ESF experience * Previous experience working with children in a supervisory/leadership capacity * Previous camp experience preferred * Prior experience playing high school, club or college sports preferred
* Teacher certification preferred
* Minimum two (2) years of college completed
* Reports directly to the SportsLab Director. May also take direction from and is overall accountable to the Site Director.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
* Push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds across campus * Work outside, upright and mobile for six (6) to eight (8) hours per day * Respond to emergency situations which may include running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and ascending stairs without undue exertion * Possess physical capacity to fulfill all essential job functions - responsibilities listed above
This job description is subject to change at any time.