Assistant Counsel II, Privacy
Brand: Est??e Lauder Companies
The Assistant Counsel II will be part of a legal team responsible for providing privacy and data security legal advice and support to Brands and corporate functions within The Estee Lauder Companies.
* Counsel and support the Company on all privacy and data security issues in connection with the development and implementation of technology, products and services
* Advise on the requirements of, and compliance with, federal and state privacy and information security laws (including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018), as well as federal and state government investigations and enforcement actions for alleged data security and privacy violations.
* Draft, negotiate and review complex information privacy, confidentiality and security contractual provisions with third party vendors, including data transfer agreements.
* Assist with cybersecurity and data breach incident response, including preparation of required notifications pursuant to breach notification law.
* Draft privacy and information security policies, procedures, notices and consents for compliance with privacy and security laws.
* Evaluate potential privacy risks, and draft and negotiate agreements in connection with potential acquisitions.
* Coordinate with outside counsel in international markets to advise clients on privacy and security matters.
* Work closely with the Chief Privacy Officer on Privacy Compliance Program.
Minimum Education level: Law degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 8 years
% Travel Time:
Required Language Proficiency: English
Licenses or Certifications: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), not required but a plus
Additional Job Specifications (e.g., physical demands, working conditions, equipment/machinery, specific skills, etc.):
* Strong experience advising on global privacy and data security matters
* Ability to work well under pressure, with excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changing conditions
* Experience within the cosmetics, retail or consumer products industry, not required but desirable
* Position requires 8 years of relevant experience.
* Member of the New York State Bar
* Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), not required but a plus
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 1821427
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, business, company, compliance department, compliance office, counsel, court, legal department, llp