Assistant Manager, Philanthropic Partnerships
Brand: Est?e Lauder Companies
the global leader in prestige beauty - delighting consumers with transformative
products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. We
are the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skin care, fragrance
and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25 brands sold in 150 countries.
Infused throughout our organization is a passion for creativity and innovation
* a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected - as we continue
the bold work of our founder Est?e Lauder.
About Global Corporate Citizenship andSustainability (GCCS):
Global Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability (GCCS) function is responsible
for understanding and managing the economic, social and environmental impacts
that are created by the Company's operations and decisions along its value
chain. By strengthening enterprise policies, establishing baselines, and
identifying future goals and targets for our brands, regions and functions,
GCCS helps the organization to better manage risks, reduce or avoid costs, and
build on our heritage of corporate social responsibility.
Philanthropic Partnerships team within GCCS provides oversight to the Est?e
Lauder Companies (ELC) Charitable Foundation, which executes health, education,
and environmental programs. The Philanthropic Partnership team oversees the M?A?C AIDS Fund (ELC's
largest philanthropic initiative), the Girls' Education Initiative, and
collaborates with brands on their charitable programs, including the La Mer
Blue Hearts Ocean Fund, the Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful Fund, and Origins
reforestation programs, among others.
Manager, Philanthropic Partnerships will work with the Philanthropic
Partnerships team on the development and execution of the Est?e Lauder
Companies grant making strategy. This individual's primary responsibility will
be to manage a portfolio of grants (pre-award, award, post-award) within M?A?C's international
grant making portfolio, focused on HIV/AIDS, women's health and empowerment,
and LGBTQ issues. In addition, the individual will work with the Philanthropic
Partnerships team on initiatives related to the ELC's Foundation's focus areas
(i.e., Health, Environment, and Girls Education) and provide consultation to
the Brands in the strategy development and execution of their charitable
activities. This role will also have an emphasis on measurement, evaluation and
data management of Est?e Lauder's charitable programs.
Making and Partnerships
* Support the Philanthropic Partnershipsteam in defining and making recommendations on enterprise and brand grantmaking goals and strategy, with a focus on the M?A?C AIDS Fund (MAF), but also including the Est?e LauderGirls' Education Initiative and other brand initiatives.
* Source and develop strategicpartnerships that provide opportunities to highlight brand investments in andbring more attention to the company's philanthropic focus areas-health,education, and the environment.
* Develop Requests for Proposals andreview grant proposals for various initiatives across the enterprise.
* Collaborate with internal and externalstakeholders to provide grant guidelines and answer questions around grantmaking and reporting processes, particularly around M?A?C's internationalaffiliate giving model.
* Prepare grant materials for review andapproval by Foundation board.
and Event Preparation
* Support the development ofpresentations and briefing materials for executive level meetings.
* Plan and execute high levelinternational events and trips for senior executives.
* Create and deliver presentations forconferences, trainings, and events - internal and external.
* Act as a representative of grant makingportfolios at affinity group meetings, grantee site visits, and other relatedforums as needed.
Reporting, and Monitoring and Evaluation
* Collect and manage grant making data ingrants management system, manage grantee reporting and facilitatecommunications with grantees around application processes/procedures.
* Research and analyze data aroundprogram focus areas.
* Collaborate with team to evolve impactmeasurement and evaluation of grants and initiatives.
* Produce quantitative and qualitativereports on grant making as needed.
* Lead management of grants data,database, and grant application and reporting systems.
* Support the finance department whereneeded to track budgets and donations in each market.
* Position requires 3-4 years of relevantexperience in program management, partnership development, and/or grant makingexperience.
* University degree required. Advanceddegree in public administration, business, or social science preferred.
* Experience with Monitoring and Evaluationsystems and analysis preferred.
* Exceptional written and oralcommunication skills and analytical capabilities.
* Strong relationship management skillsand the ability to work effectively across cultures.
* Experience with Salesforce-based orsimilar systems.
* Ability to adapt and prioritizeeffectively around changing deadlines, and flexibility to support otherbusiness functions when required.
* Experience in corporate socialresponsibility and/or corporate communications is a plus.
* Foreign language skills are a plus.
Job: Strategy / Business Development
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 194677
Associated topics: alumni, alumni relations, annual, donor, gift, giving, major gift, membership, raiser, relationship manager