Director Demand Planning Travel Retail Worldwide
Brand: Est?e Lauder Companies
The position will coordinate all inputs (brand marketing strategies, programs, promotional calendar, etc.) to the creation of the product forecasts (launches, events, promotions and in-line), its reconciliation to the Brand Financial Forecast and its balancing with operational constraints. Interaction will frequently be at the senior levels in the brand organization.
* Effectively builds consensus with stakeholders by presenting a clear business case that integrates brand and customer knowledge as well as the business/brand benefits.
* Effectively presents point-of-view in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and executives.
* Provides monthly input to financial management to provide insight to the demand planning process.
* Responsible for responding to identified adjustments to the forecasts.
* Regularly evaluates regional brand actual performance to forecasted demand, analyzing the variances and initiating appropriate corrective actions.
* Responsible for identifying adjustments to the forecast (including halo lift and cannibalization) for in-line products and promotional events for brand.
* Develops new product forecasts in tandem with Marketing, with reference to sales plans and analysis of performance of like products in the Brand environment. Reviews forecasts with management.
* Anticipates sales patterns of new and existing products based on performance of like SKUs.
* Incorporates awareness of relevant business/brand strategies and initiatives into recommendations and decisions.
* Develops and proposes solutions that anticipate and respond to customer needs.
* Creates and provides appropriate reporting to support business.
* Position requires 8 years of combined experience with at least 5 years in the following areas: demand planning/forecasting.
* Demonstrated record of influencing and decision making at multiple levels in an organization.
* Demonstrated experience in creative problem solving.
* Excellent collaboration, communication and negotiation skills.
* Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus.
Job: Inventory Management and Planning - Supply Chain
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 190469