Manager, Global Business Planning-Bumble & Bumble
Brand: Bumble and bumble
BUSINESS PLANNER SKILL SETS:
* Position calls for highly analytical, technical, inquisitive, self-starters who embrace change. Requires strong negotiation skills with proven record of consensus-building across various disciplines and levels of management.
* Analytical experience in demand planning, supply chain, finance, sales administration or marketing required.
NEW PRODUCT PLANNING:
* Global Business Planners \"own\" new product volume estimates/forecasts from the Innovation stage through the Monitor stage. Business Planners support brand marketing & financial objectives through the following New Product Process:
Prepare objective, fact-based, detailed projections (18-9 months before Ship Date) for each saleable SKU/ market combination. Volumes support the innovation planning process and translate into forecast guidelines.
Projections are based on detailed analyses of historic internal and external like-product performance (shipments and sell thru where available) and market trends. Includes most-likely scenarios for cannibalization, marketing support, door distribution plans, market share/category growth projections, SKU management, pipe requirements, etc.
Global Business Planners negotiate with Global Marketing, Regional Sales & Marketing and Regional Demand Planning teams to gain consensus on projections/assumptions.
Re-evaluate projections as needed throughout the Innovation to Execution stages and issue detailed forecast guidelines by market/SKU combination to affiliates for local forecasting (12-9 months before Ship Date).
Investigate unexpected and/or missing forecasts and approve final forecast volumes, gaining consensus where results differ materially from original projections. Approve orders for release to the manufacturing system(s).
Issue final recaps comparing actual forecasts to GBP forecast guidelines explaining significant variances based upon feedback form Regional and affiliate management.
Prepare, analyze and issue all new product tracking reports such as the Global New Product Forecast Recaps, Newness Analyses (side-by-side), etc. Follow-up on unusual results as needed.
Forecast proposals and final recaps serve as the basis for the Global Marketing Calendar valuations, new product plans and initial costing estimates. Volumes are also used for new product P&Ls (sales & COGS assumptions).
STRATEGIC / BUSINESS PLANNING & REPORTING:
Global Business Planners are critical in ongoing Strategic & Financial Planning processes by preparing, analyzing and issuing product- and category-level reports related to the overall state of the business.
* Provide business and portfolio analytics to support the Global Brand. This includes the issuance of several standard monthly and quarterly reports as well as general ad-hoc analyses.
* Provide support for the annual innovation planning, strategy, budget and long-term planning process.
* Evaluate actuals vs. plan/prior year, analyze variances and initiate appropriate corrective actions working through the Regional and Affiliate Brand, Global Marketing, Demand Planning and Finance organizations.
* Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Engineering
* 5 years broad functional combined experience in at least two of the following: Finance, Supply Chain, Business Development, Demand Planning
* Strong Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) knowledge base
* Excellent collaboration, communication, and negotiation skills
* Strong Microsoft Office Skills- Advanced Excel Skills (pivot tables & v-lookups required; Macros a plus)
Job: Manufacturing - Supply Chain
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 195983