Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Global Transformation Office
21 Warren St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Global Transformation Office
Brand: Est?e Lauder Companies
From a position of strength, The Est?e Lauder Companies, the leader in prestige beauty products, embarked on the Leading Beauty Forward program, chartered to fuel product innovation and enhance market agility. Key elements of this strategy include developing even greater organizational effectiveness, efficiency and the ability to scale. The Estee Lauder Companies is establishing a Global Transformation Office to carry the momentum from the Leading Beauty Forward program into the future, as ongoing transformation is required to continue to win in an increasingly volatile global marketplace. The Office will facilitate and steer all global major change programs impacting the longer term course of the Company. This includes the following:
* Leverage of big data and analytics for the improvement of the company's innovation and product launch processes * Digital transformation of the Creative and Marketing dicispline * Shifts needed to master the realities of an increasingly omnichannel world * Transformation underway to secure our market leadership in Asia, especially China, for the long term * Creation of an environment for accelerated brand and new business model incubation and acquisition/integration * Efforts to secure leadership in Sustainability and Inclusion for years to come
The objective of this new office is to ensure our strategic initiatives are aligned to enable the execution of our corporate strategy initiatives and pivots, help drive speed and agility in decision making, identify areas to eliminate duplicative work, remove barriers to progress, and accelerate stronger integration across business units and functions. The Global Transformation Office will be responsible for driving the overall pace of change, assessing progress against clearly laid plans, and identifying interdependencies between programs and implications for our operating model.
The Senior Vice President, Global Transformation Initiatives will:
* Lead the Global Transformation Team
* Support business-led change with clear scoping, connectivity and Project Management for the portfolio of top Enterprise priorities
* Enable organizational capability in horizontal adaptation, change and transformation across the enterprise while continuing to run the business (maintain/improve the financial health, reputation and culture)
* Enable action orientation, connectedness, speed and agility across the enterprise; support the translation of ideas into actions with accelerated delivery timeframes
* Partner closely with EVP Strategy, Business Development & Transformation and CHRO on Organization Design
* Act as thought partner to Transformation Initiative Champions
* Oversee ideation, design and complex implementation through collaboration and co-creation
* Guide team on connecting the dots and resolving issues as they are discovered
* Manage full portfolio of projects and drive specific initiatives - directly and through team members - providing direction and driving linkages across Transformation Initiatives
* Build on current Transformation Initiative team charter. Accelerate execution, connectivity and impact of initiatives. Work collaboratively with other team members both within and outside the Transformation Office to connect dots and integrate initiatives as needed.
* Bring an external, best-practice perspective.
* Drive the Enterprise operating model, connecting and/or breaking down silos as appropriate working with CHRO; SVP Strategy, New Business Development & Transformation; CFO; Co-Chair Global Transformation Committee; and CEO
* Provide strategic thought leadership to translate strategic priorities into actionable game plans; ensure the right resources are in place (capability and capacity); drive execution; ensure the right KPIs are in place to measure impact.
* Inculcate a \"Heavy/Light/Heavy\" project management approach that will build capability and accelerate agility.
* Function as a knowledge base and advisor to Transformation Initiative teams.
* Lead Global Transformation Initiatives team, including internal and external dedicated resources.
* Build organizational capability in horizontal adaption, change and transformation across the enterprise - consultative skills (asking the right questions, getting the dialogue going, driving towards deliverables and outcomes, project/portfolio management, organization design --structure and process, change management, progress and outcome measurement).
* Identify and leverage Connector/Integrator roles across the Company (e.g., ELT Chiefs of Staff, Change Champions, Brand/Region/Function/Channel HRBPs) to accelerate initiative success and enable long-term change.
* Identify additional opportunities/gaps in transformational initiatives and/or obstacles to be removed. Work with Global Transformation Team leadership, CHRO; SVP Strategy, New Business Development & Transformation; CFO; Co-Chair Global Transformation Committee; and CEO (as applicable) on scoping/solutions to address opportunities and challenges.
* Transformation Program Design: Collaborate with CHRO; SVP Strategy, New Business Development & Transformation; and Co-Chair Global Transformation Committee on architecture, team and resource structure to enable effective delivery.
* Transformation Program Execution: Lead overall execution support. Enable Initiative Champions and Owners to successfully deliver results, build and engage network of connectors/integrators to enable Cross-Enterprise alignment, change and agility, ensure appropriate connectivity between programs, create and execute communications strategy, build sustainable transformation capabilities.
* Operating Model Change (Major Process and Org Structure Changes): Lead implementation across process, structure and change, engage network of connectors/integrators to enable Cross-Enterprise alignment, change and agility, partner with SVP Strategy, New Business Development & Transformation on blueprint for organization design and operating model changes.
* Resource Allocation (e.g., Restructuring, Margin Relief, Investments, Operating Expense): Deploy and lead both dedicated and fluid teams to jump start or de-bottleneck initiatives.
* Ongoing Steering & Program Management: Chair Global Transformation Committee Meetings, provide decision-oriented updates on initiatives, maintain meeting minutes & action items.
* Progress Tracking: Develop and execute financial and non-financial progress tracking, liaise with finance and HR for translation, own the overall dashboard on progress.
High-Touch Leadership Competencies:
* Thinks Strategically: Takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for the future. Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and management systems are required.
* Aligns and Engages the Team in the Vision: Provides clarity to each team member on their role in achieving the vision, strategy, and goals.
* Embraces and Initiates Change: Distinguishes what to preserve and what to change. Has the courage to
initiate and lead the changes that drive success.
* Energizes and Enables Others: Ignites passion and releases potential to drive success.
* Demonstrates Learning Agility: Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
* Minimum Education level: Bachelor Degree or above
* Minimum Years of Experience: 20
* % Travel Time: 10%
* Required Language Proficiency: English (any other language a plus)
* Top-flight consulting and/or organizational effectiveness (OD/change/process) management experience in organizations and situations requiring a combination of strategic vision, and practical project management and execution skills
* Strong intellectual capital paired with equally strong emotional intelligence and \"servant leadership\"
* Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex change efforts and to drive results through influence, persuasion and relationships
* Assesses quickly with a track record of getting up to speed and adding immediate value to new situations
* Exceptional ability to co-create and work collectively with various business leaders and other key stakeholders
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize, conceptually interpret and clearly communicate material developed collaboratively via the input of multiple parties; translate complexity into the actionable
Job: Strategy / Business Development
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 190942
Associated topics: chief executive, corporate development, district manager, evp, executive director, executive vice president, general manager, manager i, manager iv, regional director
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.