Vice President, Travel Retail Technology Leader
Brand: Est??e Lauder Companies
The Technology Leader within the Information Technology organization has the scope to ensure that IT plans and strategies are designed to be in alignment with ELC's overall business goals and that the company is maximizing the effective use of technology and innovation in its business practices. This requires ongoing, proactive interaction with all business units within TRWW and provide close and consistent communication. The VP, Technology Leader will focus on managing the relationship with the business at a strategic and portfolio level to ensure that the IT organization has early insight into changing business directions in order to inform and shape demand. This leader will work very closely with the Group President as a key member of the TRLT. We are seeking an experienced executive who will work hand-in-hand with key resources across the Global TR organization and within IT to continue to build a strong, on-going relationship between IT and TR. This multi-faceted position involves the ability to interact with the TR leadership teams and their respective staffs to support the goals of the IT group. This key leadership position will also be a member of the GISLT and will be a direct report to the VP International.
Key Roles and Responsbilities:
* Leads the IT function for TRWW, acting as the face-off to the TR senior leadership team. Is a trusted advisor - well versed in people, process and technologies. Develops and manages strong, reliable relationships with customers/key stakeholders to ensure IT is delivering on commitments and meeting business needs within agreed upon Service Levels. Maintains a high degree of customer satisfaction and IT performance. (25%)
* Assists in developing the TR strategy and vision in alignment with the global IT strategy. Effectively balances regional/local needs with global IT priorities as determined by the ELC corporate strategy. Ensures that current and future business plans and strategies are adequately reflected within IT strategies, developments and operational plans. (20%)
* Provides leadership to TR on managing demand and expectations for new IT services. Directs IT and business resources onto the highest priority efforts that resolve the most critical issues or positions the business for strategic advantage. Collaborates with various IT teams to secure commitments and ensure active, prioritized engagement from IT resources and vendors/partners ensuring effective project and service delivery to customers. (20%)
* Continually seeds new opportunities to drive technology innovation and growth in the business. Influences the IT Innovation Team to explore the latest technology innovations and evaluates their applicability to the customer. Identifies areas of business need that can be addressed/assisted by using innovative technologies. Understands, communicates and addresses demands and trends for IT services and solutions, in alignment with The Company's regional and global goals and priorities, and IT strategy. (15%)
* Manages acquisition of IT talent in respective areas of responsibility. Provides leadership and development for TR IT global team and partners. Builds capability to support the Company's strategic drive and financial investment around digital, ecommerce and social. (10%)
* Partners with TR leadership teams to define the IT capital and expense budget required to support customer needs. (5%)
* Communicates IT policies to business units and partners with them to ensure compliance. Supports and participates in the governance framework, where applicable. (5%)
High Touch Leadership Competencies: The High-Touch Leadership Competencies provide the framework to build and grow the skills, knowledge, and behaviors in each employee to lead from every chair. Everyone is expected to lead in every position. All of the High-Touch Leadership Competencies are important to success. However, in each position there are three competencies that are imperative for job success.
* Thinks Strategically: Takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate
and plan for the future. Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and
management systems are required.
* Aligns and Engages the Team in the Vision: Provides clarity to each team member on their role in achieving
the vision, strategy, and goals.
* Embraces and Initiates Change: Distinguishes what to preserve and what to change. Has the courage to
initiate and lead the changes that drive success.
* Develops Talent and Capabilities: Identifies and cultivates essential skills and attributes to maximize
individual contribution and engagement.
* Builds Collaborative Relationships: Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion
of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
* Drives Creativity and Innovation: Focuses on areas of highest potential. Creates newness or connects
knowledge in new ways to create the unexpected. Ensures that the creativity and innovation pipeline
are aligned to achieve strategy and goals.
Minimum Education level: College degree; Masters degree desirable
Minimum Years of Experience: 15 Years
% Travel Time: 30%
Required Language Proficiency: English, (French and other languages a plus)
Licenses or Certifications:
Additional Job Specifications (e.g., physical demands, working conditions, equipment/machinery, specific skills, etc.):
* College degree required. Masters preferred.
* Minimum 15 years' related experience with consumer products, retail sales, marketing, distribution or other related industries ideally with a global company.
* Minimum 15 years' experience in business processes, information systems and technology.
* The intellectual capacity, presence, credibility and communication skills required to influence others at all levels within the organization.
* Strong business acumen, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Skilled in thinking strategically and creatively, while communicating effectively in a fast moving, rapidly growing area.
* An effective leader who can develop existing teams and attract strong talent from the market.
* Proven track record in driving large transformation in a highly complex multi-faceted environment.
* Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and adjusts approach to optimize and develop relationships.
* Skilled in leading business or retailers through a digital transformation.
* Thorough understanding of the strategy, priorities, business criticality of end-to-end services and demand/cost drivers.
* Honest, ethical, and straightforward. High degree of personal confidence and integrity.
* High degree of emotional intelligence and executive maturity.
* Passionate, innovative and entrepreneurial.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 1811172
Associated topics: business planning, channel partner, customer, franchise, franchise owner, intelligence, strategic, strategy, territory manager, territory sales