RN - ADVANCED PAIN CENTER - LATROBE HOSPITAL - PART TIME
Employment Type: Full-Time
The RN assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care for a designated group of patients. The RN coordinates, directs, and actively participates as an effective member of the interdisciplinary health care team, contributing to the efficient operation of the unit and promoting positive patient outcomes.
Actively promotes a Lean work culture by performing team member duties to encourage consistent use of LEAN principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements. Recognizes the necessity of taking ownership of one's own motivation, morale, performance and professional development. Strives for behavior consistent with being committed to Excela's missions, vision and values.
Essential Functions: Defined as duties specific to the job, that, if removed, would change the entire purpose of the job; to include the Essential Physical Demands and Essential Working Conditions of this position.
- Core Essential Functions:
- Regular, consistent, on-site, and timely attendance.
- PROFESSIONAL ROLE
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops; reviews professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following system/hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs using Nurse Knowledge Exchange techniques.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- CLINICAL ROLE
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients, and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient/family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- LEADERSHIP ROLE
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team continuous quality improvement and problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Specialty Essential Functions:
- Coordinates communication among patients/families, staff members, pharmacies, specialists, and insurance carriers.
- Provides advice based on protocols and physician instructions and directs patients to the appropriate level of care.
- Facilitates patient's access to prescription refills based on physician order.
- Obtains prior authorizations and/or assists with indigent programs per physician order based on the patient's financial status or insurance coverage.
- Completes medication reconciliation according to policy
- Comprehend all Center procedure and visit codes to accurately reflect on charge log
- Freely assumes clinical and supportive duties assigned that lend towards operational efficiency.
- Case Management
- Provide continuity of care for patients in collaboration with physicians, with accountability for planning according to policies/procedures.
- Evaluates adherence to pain management treatment plan for assigned patient group in collaboration with physician.
- Demonstrates competence in patient and family education including, but not limited to, opioid/non-opioid medications, injection therapy, alternative therapies as well as a comprehensive understanding of the musculoskeletal system.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and exhibits empathy towards pain related conditions.
- Reviews records to stay apprised of clinical outcomes and diagnostics.
- Proficient in the use of Allscripts and supportive electronic systems
- Enters patient assessment and visit information accurately and according to policy
- Complete patient charge process as directed
- All patient vital signs, complaints, and medication reconciliation are accurately reflected in the medical record
- Seek to utilize Lean strategies in problem solving within the Center
- Actively participates in daily meetings
- Completes Just-do-Its and A3's in pursuit of operational efficiencies
- Marginal Functions: Defined as duties that are not essential in nature and do not take a considerable amount of time to complete (less than 10%).
- Prepares forms, copies records, and responds to requests per policies and procedures
- Assists in maintaining the patient's medical record to facilitate filing and retrieval of information.
- Participate in staff education.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Required Skills and Knowledge: Minimum level of education, skills and abilities necessary in performing the job.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
Certification / Licensure / Regulation:
- Current licensure to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) approved curriculum of the American Heart Association (CPR and AED) program.
- PA Act 153 Clearances (Act 34-Criminal History Record from the PA State Police system, Act 33-Child Abuse Clearance obtained through the Department of Public Welfare, Act 73-FBI Fingerprint screening) within 30 days of hire or transfer into position
- One year Med-Surg experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; Functional skills on PC and related software (Microsoft Office); Knowledge of basic office equipment such as copier, fax machine, etc.; Independent thinking and decision making ability; Ability to communicate with all members of the health care team.
Preferred Factor: These are job related enhancements that are preferred or would benefit the performance outcome of the job but are not essential or required for the job to exist.
- Previous experience in an outpatient office setting.
The above job descriptive information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, as an employee may be assigned other duties other than described in this document.
Loading some great jobs for you...