- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- $115,530.00 -170,900.00/year*
707 Washington St
The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aims to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values & Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
The Software Engineer for the Core Holistic Healthcare Integration team will provides end to end support for all application environments. The ideal candidate is skilled at application analysis, SQL queries, data analysis, and has coding experience in either API development or ETL development, or both.
The Software Engineer is also responsible for utilizing system development methodologies to analyze, develop, and test system solutions in response to business requirements. Incumbents are expected to understand requirements, develop work plans, identify appropriate designs, code to the design specifications, and complete appropriate testing to ensure a quality solution delivery.
* As assigned, develops code, analyzes, researches, and resolves system issues.
* Creates and maintains application documentation.
* Creates and executes appropriate unit test cases.
* Maintains level of urgency towards timelines and results.
* Participates in on-call rotation.
* Supports and follows all documented IT processes and standards.
* Creates technical specs with guidance from team members and Manager.
* Communicates and works with team members/Business to understand requirements and identify application impacts.
* Creates individual work plans, specifications and programs with guidance utilizing development procedures and standards.
* Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies' mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct, and Leading to the Lifetime Way values and beliefs.
* Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
* Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
* Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Level II - In addition to level I responsibilities:
* Creates and reviews Technical specs.
* Develops individual work plans, specifications and programs utilizing development procedures and standards.
Level III - In addition to level II responsibilities:
* Creates and executes appropriate test cases.
* Creates and reviews Technical specs for complex changes.
* Communicates and works with Business partners at the Manager level to understand requirements, identify application impacts and recommend solutions.
* Identifies process and technical deficiencies and offers solutions to resolve.
* Responsible for medium to complex assignments involving multiple programs or interfaces.
* Mentors and provides guidance to teammates.
* Provides input to creation of Organizational Standards.
* Effectively facilitates project development meetings and code reviews.
Level IV - In addition to level III responsibilities:
* Creates and reviews Technical specs for complex changes. Facilitates spec review meetings and provides guidance to Levels 1-3.
* Communicates and works with Business partners at the Director level to understand requirements, identify application impacts and drive decision making.
* Develops complex work plans impacting multiple programs/interfaces following procedures and Corporate Standards.
* Identifies process and technical deficiencies. Develops strategies to mitigate risk and translates those strategies to specific action plans.
* Responsible for complex assignments that impact multiple divisions or multiple lines of business.
* Mentors and provides guidance to teammates. Creates training documentation and facilitates training for medium to complex subject matter.
* Identifies best practices and participates in creation of Organizational Standards.
* Assists customers in envisioning and defining effective technical system designs in order to meet requirements.
* Effectively facilitates project development meetings and code reviews for medium to complex work efforts.
Level V - In addition to level IV responsibilities:
* Creates and reviews Technical specs for large cross functional changes. Facilitates spec review meetings and ensures the most appropriate strategic solution moves forward.
* Communicates and works with Business partners at all levels to understand requirements, identifies overall application impacts and drives decision making.
* Develops complex work plans for large projects and/or programs. Makes design decisions that follow corporate standards and promote re-use.
* Identifies process and technical deficiencies. Develops strategies to mitigate risk and translates those strategies to specific action plans. Is current with new technologies and effectively recommends strategy updates and change in direction.
* Responsible for complex assignments that have an enterprise wide impact.
* Mentors and provides guidance to teammates. Creates training documentation and facilitates training for complex subject matter.
* Identifies and drives creation of best practices and Organizational Standards.
* Uses innovative thinking to help customers envision and define strategic technical system designs in order to meet requirements.
* Effectively facilitates project development meetings and code reviews for complex work efforts. Able to effectively present and communicate to all levels of leadership.
We include multiple levels of classification differentiated by demonstrated knowledge, skills, and the ability to manage increasingly independent and/or complex assignments, broader responsibility, additional decision making, and in some cases, becoming a resource to others. In addition to using this differentiated approach to place new hires, it also provides guideposts for employee development and promotional opportunities.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field (or four additional years related work experience in lieu of bachelors).
* Related work experience (i.e. Co-Op/Internships) preferred.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Knowledge and familiarity with structured and/or object oriented programming techniques.
* Knowledge and familiarity with System Development Life Cycle.
* Knowledge and familiarity with testing techniques.(unit and system).
Level II ? requires similar qualifications as level I, plus:
* Three years of related work experience.
Level III ? requires similar qualifications as level II, plus:
* Five years of related work experience.
Level IV ? requires similar qualifications as level III, plus:
* Eight years of related work experience.
Level V ? requires similar qualifications as level IV, plus:
* Master's degree preferred.
* Eleven years of related work experience.
* May require travel across regions.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: algorithm, back end, c++, devops, java, matlab, perl, python, software developer, software development engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...