Front of House Manager
Compensation: $39,570.00 - $62,650.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
Fairway Market wants to ensure that all of our customers are receiving the best shopping experience each time they walk into our store. The essential duties for a Front of House Manager are to oversee all operations at the 74st Caf . As a FOH Manager you shape the caf -goers experience by maintaining the dining room s appearance, hiring and training quality staff, and providing great customer service while ensuring the customers have the most hospitable welcome. They do this by monitoring the way each member of the front of house team works, while also greeting customers themselves, offer advice as well as engage in conversation.
- Organizes and supervises the work for the team- servers, shift leads, bussers/runners & baristas.
- Schedule working hours for FOH staff, ensure that hygiene and safety rules are adhered to.
- Ensuring the caf is profitable, in line with the objectives set by the management team.
- Pushing sales on menu items, and encouraging upselling.
- In charge of orders, stock removal, managing vendors, and cash registers.
- Assist with establishing targets and objectives for Front of House team and review on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the hiring, training and disciplinary actions of the front of house staff.
- Conflict resolution skills is highly important for addressing customer complaints and handling any and all staff disputes.
- Complete any other reasonable duties that are requested by General Manager.
- Proactively engage customers, promote product and sales, build customer relationships, and provide R.E.A.T. customer service that encourages customer loyalty and add value to the Fairway brand
- Work collaboratively with fellow employees and managers and recognize teamwork and diversity throughout the store to resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner
- Maintain a strong time and attendance record to ensure the smooth flow of departmental operations
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by practicing high standards of food and human safetyand sanitation techniques provided by Fairway work rules, policies and Health Department regulations
- Replenish department supplies frequently to ensure efficiency of workflow and employee job tasks
- Adhere to all department-related and company related work rules and policies while upholding Fairway s core values of integrity, respect and excellence.
- Attend mandatory trainings and recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning. Provide feedback to management to help improve operations
- Perform miscellaneous roles assigned by management that would help the team on an as-needed basic
Skills and Qualifications:
Candidates who apply for the FOH Manager position must possess the following skills:
- Must have Management experience
- Previous customer service and food industry experience
- Must have good working knowledge of food quality, hygiene, sanitation, kitchen safety and food presentation/preparation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proactive approach to customer service
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with other people and participate actively in department and staff meetings
- Strong teamwork and diversity awareness and ability to recognize and welcome differences among people and resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner
- Organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize requests and department activities
- Problem-solving skills to effectively assist customers in a wide range of different transactions and other service related issues
- Meet physical demands required for the position
- Effective communication skills and ability to read, write and comprehend English
- Availability to work weekends, holidays and other prime times of the business
- Possess leadership skills, to be able to effectively manage and coordinate an entire front of house team but also the relationship with vendors
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Continuous interaction with customers and coworkers in a fast-paced work environment
- Exposure to various food allergens throughout the store
- Frequent motions such as standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, lifting and reaching
- Working in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Standing and walking for 4-6 hours at a time
- Must have basic math skills which include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task and balance friendliness with efficiency while mainting focus.
More detail about Fairway Market, please visit
Associated topics: deli manager, director, floor manager, front end, gerente de cocina, grocery store manager, night manager, operations, produce manager, shift leader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...