We are looking for a Principal Cloud Software Engineer with robust AWS and containers experience to augment the Fidelity's Cloud Platform team. This position involves building tools to support cloud enablement; with a focus on achieving repeatable processes that streamline on-boarding to the Cloud and thereby accelerating delivery of value. In addition, an infrastructure developer will help with this goal; the position will involve developing simplifications around the tool suite and other capabilities that quicken the time to value for application teams. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in AWS, Containers, infrastructure as code to be able to navigate the inherent complexities and ensure we are protecting the enterprise while crafting scalable applications.
The Expertise We're Looking For
* BS/BA degree is required * 7 years knowledge and experience working in technology with various technology platforms * Experience delivering utilizing cloud technologies * Skilled in Python, CloudFormation, infrastructure as code. * Proficiency with CI/CD tools and implementing pipelines * Experience with AWS; in particular with IAM, Networking, and CloudFormation * Experience with build containers-based systems: Architecture, implementation and managing orchestration platform such as: Kubernetes, Docker, ECS. * Aptitude for building modern scalable/resilient architectures * Experience developing IT processes and procedures * Proficient communication skills with an ability to reach both technical and non-technical stakeholders * Comfortable working on many different small components rather than a single product * Preferred but not mandatory: experience in retail financial markets or another highly regulated industry
The Purpose of Your Role
* The Platform Engineering organization is responsible for enabling PI to innovate, accelerate delivery, and compete as a Digital Business by providing platforms, frameworks, security capabilities, and expertise that empower autonomous, agile development teams to deliver their unique value to our customers. * The Principal Cloud Software Engineer will be accountable for building tools and processes to advance the organization's ability to go to the cloud in a manner that improves the developer experience, increases autonomy, and accelerates delivery
The Skills You Bring
* You enjoy finding opportunities to innovate and take thoughtful risks in order to get things done better and faster * You are truly client-obsessed and dedicated to understanding and learning about customer needs and requirements; both external and internal * You are comfortable working in an agile environment * You are intellectually curious and love learning new skills and capabilities, e.g., Agile principles and technology platforms
The Value You Deliver
* Delivering business results and customer value by enabling other squads to deliver value to customers and understand how to support them * Develop a point of view on new and emerging trends to advance solutions that result in efficiencies and shorter time to market * Provide input into how work should be completed
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
You will be embedded in a squad and work directly with its members to identify and build solutions that improve the developer experience and build autonomy with the goal of streamlining the movement of applications to the cloud.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: business, business analysis, business analyst, business intelligence, business systems, business systems analyst, customer, marketing, senior consultant, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.