The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall efficient supervision of maintenance employees and the repair of fleet, maintenance, cleaning, and of facility. This position will work as part of a team with internal and external agencies to ensure a positive customer experience
* Prioritize repair orders and operational demands to ensure safe, clean, reliable and efficient buses that meet their schedules and exceeds customer expectations
* Coordinate the repair, preventive maintenance, cleaning, inspection, bodywork, and all related functions of coaches and equipment
* Develop employees by scheduling, training, mentoring, encouraging, and rewarding the best performance
* Ensure proper safety policies and procedures are in place and followed. Eliminate all hazardous working conditions
* See that proper tools and equipment are made available to employees so they can do their job safely and efficiently
* Perform quality control checks on all equipment leaving the garage
* Lead employees to achieve goals and objectives and issue appropriate discipline
* Develop reports and performance indicators
* Performs all other duties as assigned
* High school graduate or GED with strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Three or more years of supervisory experience in automotive, trucking, or bus maintenance.
* Must have mechanical background.
* Experience in interviewing, evaluating, and training preferred
* Skill in working as part of a dynamic team.
* Ability to solve problems and make real-time decisions.
* Able to lead employees to perform the highest quality work and exceed expectations.
* Union knowledge and experience preferred
Associated topics: backfill, garden, irrigation, land fill, landscape, maintenence, road, surface, sweep, tree pruner