Sales and Conference Services Manager Overview Date Posted: 12/17/2019 Job Code: 798_DOS_S Location: 27 - ILR Indian Lakes Hotel Bloomingdale Address: 250 West Schick Road City: Bloomingdale State: IL Country: United States of America Bonus Plan: Yes Relocation Assistance: No Employment Status: Full-Time Pay Rate Type: Yearly Description
We are seeking a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Sales and Conference Services Manager to join our team. The Sales and Conference Services Manager will report to the General Manager and will work closely with the hotels Sales & Marketing team to drive our business and maximize revenues to exceed expectations. The successful candidate will lead the hotel into profitability through innovation and entrepreneurial spirit. Primary responsibility is to lead the development and execution of strategic Sales and Marketing plans and initiatives that maximize profitability for the hotel in order to achieve budget, revenue and market share targets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prospect new clients.
- Follow up on all sales leads and correspondence.
- Maintain active sales contact on all assigned accounts and within assigned market segments.
- Coordinate and facilitate Sales Calls.
- Maintain up to date trace files for follow up.
- Qualify clients, develops proposals, and prepares contracts.
- Meets with key clients, establishes and maintains relationships with clients.
- Evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Prepare and maintain account files and required records.
- Exercise hotel policies and procedures in accordance with the duties above.
- Develop new clients through daily prospecting and weekly outside sales calls.
- Revenue Management - Provide strategic revenue management plans within the hotel to include; rate development, establishment of group thresholds, space utilization policy, deployment strategies thought the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
- Ensure effective utilization of selling guidelines to maximize revenue contribution from all segments.
- Perform all other related duties/projects/reports as assigned by the General Manager .
- A four-year college degree or equivalent experience/ education. Two years of employment in hotel sales specifically.
- Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence professionals and hotel guests.
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/ marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong administrative skills, to include business writing, mathematics for basic accounting and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Must be available to work some weekends and holidays, as necessary.
- Occasional travel required.
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Associated topics: assistant general manager, back end, bakery manager, gm, operations, partner, produce manager, restaurant manager, shift leader, store manager