Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Requisition ID: 2019-1670
Position Type: Experienced Professional
As the VP Operations - NOVA, you will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects within the region, as well as working with senior leadership to further develop Flatiron's presence in the Northern Virginia market.
What you will be doing
What we are looking for
- Participates and oversees multiple project plans and project productions within one division or specialty build type.
- Oversees financial health of designated projects and financial Profit and Loss reporting.
- Approves project bids and proposed work by working closely with project managers and bid review committees.
- Enforces Company and project safety plans at all project sites to ensure Company and sub-contractor safety compliance.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to ensure all projects have accurate personnel assigned and recruiting efforts are assigned to upcoming project needs.
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- Reviews project costs and financial reporting for work in designated area to ensure projects are running efficiently and will complete deliverables within budget.
- Reviews monthly project status reports and evaluate that schedules or plans will meet project goals.
- Assists project managers with Owner relations, community associations and media releases, as needed.
- Manages and provides oversight to insurance issues and claims resolutions, as needed.
- Approves the selection and contract execution with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Oversees and/or audit project cost controls, budgets, invoicing, estimates and project forecasting and provide input to upper management related to project operations and status
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
Why work for us
- 15+ years' experience in heavy civil construction required.
- 10+ years' experience managing construction teams required.
- Bachelor's Degree a plus.
- Managing heavy civil/highway projects, construction, business and financial risk management experience required.
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Sets clear expectations for program, roles and responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills to set clear expectations to direct reports and appropriate stakeholders. Able to hold personnel and third-party participants accountable to expectations and deliverables.
- Proven financial reporting and analytic skills with strong financial and business acumen.
- Able to take personal ownership over cost or contract issues and accurately identify and mitigate possible project claims.
- Expert negotiation skills and interpersonal skills to support a positive working relationship with internal and external stakeholders and partnerships.
- Strong leadership skills to support internal talent growth and mentorship at multiple projects types and locations.
- Proficient multi-tasking and prioritization skills to provide technical guidance to scheduling, production, construction issues and Owner relationship situations.
- Expert knowledge of complex construction means and methods.
- Proven knowledge and ability to manage claims process and negotiate with Owner regarding project issues.
- Proven skill and ability to lead multiple teams from different functions towards a common goal.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong, proven leadership skills.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
PI116524357 disABLEDperson, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to reduce the high unemployment rate of individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: administrative coordinator, assistant, asso, document, facilities, food, operational support, operations director, records management, staff