This position is responsible for working directly with Sirius customers and our talented Sales team to understand and answer our clients' needs regarding Big Data and Analytics. This role is strategically-focused and will ultimately assist with providing strategic consulting, product recommendations, assessment and road map input, Workshops, and Proof of Concepts (POCs), bringing value to our clients.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Advise and lead our clients on Analytics solutions involving by meeting with them, understanding their needs, and applying knowledge and research to solve their business problems. * Advise and lead Sirius management regarding industry and vendor trends such that Sirius continues to be well-positioned to assist our customers their Big Data and Analytics endeavors. * Design detailed and well-formed architectural strategies and describe, defend, and lead adoption of those strategies with our client leadership. * Transform our clients' business goals into technical vision with the ability to effectively communicate both the goals and vision. * Help build the Data and Analytics practice via assistance with recruiting, training, and certifications, partnering with practice leadership and sharing in the responsibility of success in this. * Assists in the delivery of strategy assessments, POCs, and POVs as well as scoping services to our customers in the areas of Big Data Strategy Solutions. * Build and maintain relationships with key vendor alliance teams and direct selling teams
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field * At least eight (8) years' IT work experience in a Lead Developer, Solution Architect, or similar role, to include:
o At least two (2) years' experience providing a breadth of Architecture leadership around Big Data, Cloud Analytics, Visualization, Data Integration, Data Science, Machine Learning, Data Platforms, and Data Integration, to include experience with vendors such as AWS, Microsoft, IBM, Google, Tableau, Informatica, Splunk, Snowflake, Cloudera, and Hortonworks
Other Position Requirements:
* Experience proving Architectural guidance and advising or leading strategic decisions on the acquisition of analytics platforms * Experience scoping, sizing and assisting with the sale of cloud and/or SaaS software solutions * Demonstrated experience (via multiple examples) of successfully presenting architectural strategies and having those strategies adopted * Demonstrated experience working as a member of a team to collectively arrive at an architectural solution * Demonstrated ability to manage time and assignments effectively, including when participating in multiple assignments at a time * Demonstrated ability to lead technical workshops, architectural sessions, and conversations with the goal of recommending integration solutions while staying open to discussing alternative solutions * Demonstrated ability to accurately and objectively recommend alternative and/or additional vendor products as needed * Demonstrated experience assisting with the creation of accurate cost estimates, including labor and software sizing, compliance, and licensing * Experience building and leading teams * Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, to include experience with written proposals, verbal presentations, and white-boarding * Demonstrated interpersonal skills * Demonstrated experience supporting marketing initiatives such as multi-touch campaigns, events, and presentations
* Demonstrated experience in the selling and delivery of multi-million dollar enterprise-size, complex projects * Two (2) or more years of consulting experience * Two (2) or more years of experience supporting sales and marketing functions * Vendor solution certifications
Data Privacy and Security:
* All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority. * Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position
Associated topics: data administrator, data center, data engineer, data manager, data quality, etl, erp, mongo database, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.