116 E Main St
The Manager of FP&A is responsible for the financial planning and analysis function, including direct ownership of the Gems Sensors flagship Plainville, CT facility, and consolidation of world-wide results. Working cross-functionally, the role directly impacts the financial performance of the business and interacts with senior leadership of Gems Sensors. The successful candidate has a background in Finance and Accounting, is analytical, process oriented, self-directed and works with a high sense of urgency. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manage financial planning and analysis of actuals, forecasts, budgets and strategic plans.
- Track in-month financial performance working together with Operations, Sales and Gems leadership.
- Analyze and report operating results, including commentary, root cause analysis and countermeasure development.
- Establish KPI targets and work cross-functionally to deliver results on price, cost reductions and working capital.
- Manage demand models including pricing, sales incentive plans and product mix to drive sales growth and achievement of strategic initiatives.
- Assist the controllership team with various tasks and projects including some month end actions.
- Assist with M&A activities, including due diligence.
- Ad hoc financial analysis and projects.
- Drive continuous improvement in each of the above areas.
May be assigned various cross functional projects and responsibilities that have financial implications.Qualifications :EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- 5 or more years of finance/accounting experience, with at least 3 years of FP&A experience supporting manufacturing and commercial functions, preferably with foreign currencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP and fundamental accounting concepts.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills.
- Solid understanding of pricing-volume-mix and margin concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Business Intelligence (preferably HFM) and ERP systems (preferably JDE).
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and work in a team-oriented environment with a service attitude.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to take on new projects and responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential financial data.
Loading some great jobs for you...