The Manufacturing Engineer intern/co-op will be assigned to the Manufacturing Engineering team and assist with daily and project-based work, including but not limited to, supporting new product introductions, developing and maintaining standard operating procedures, participating in kaizen events, and designing and building test fixtures.
* Troubleshoot assembly and test issues and perform failure analysis for existing and new products.
* Develop manufacturing processes and write assembly and test procedures.
* Participate in pilot runs for new product introduction.
* Help analyze performance of assembly operations in relation to; design specifications, cycle time, and test objectives, and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
* Assist with DOEs, MSAs, and Root Cause Analysis to improve existing product yields.
* Interpret engineering prints, sketches, and verbal communications in the efforts to build engineering and production prototypes.
* Perform testing as required by engineering or manufacturing and document results.
* Mark up engineering prints and advise engineering in discrepancies during engineering and/or manufacturing prototyping/build activities.
* Assist with special projects as needed.
* Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering or related technical field at an accredited college or university
* 3.0 grade point average in major
* Sophomore status or completion of at least 60 credit hours
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work within a team
* Good organizational and problem solving skills
* Experience leading people or projects
* Leadership experience in school or community
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office
* Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance & design for manufacturing