Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton. At Franklin Templeton, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Relationship Associate will partner with the Relationship Manager, Portfolio Manager and Trust Officer in managing the wealth and financial needs of High Net Worth Family Relationships. The Relationship Associate will interact directly with the clients on a daily basis and manages follow-up and/or ongoing client deliverables.
As the Relationship Associate gains more experience, he/she will take on greater responsibility on smaller client relationships so that the Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers and Trust Officers can focus on the larger and more complex client relationships.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Relationship Associate?
* Works with the Relationships Managers, Portfolio Managers and Trust Officers on large and complex family relationships and prospects through the following: administration of accounts, preparing and coordinating wealth projections, preparation of cash flows, fee reviews, preparation of account summaries, preparation of customized PowerPoint presentations for use in client meetings, etc. Initiate processing of wire transfers, discretionary principal payments, currency transactions, bill paying, deliveries/receives and gifts & contributions. * Coordinate all aspects of trust terminations and account closing in coordination with our Trust Counsel, Investment Officer and Tax Department. * Partner and collaborate with the Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers and Trust Officers to understand and identify client goals and objectives, both short-term and long-term. This may entail attending client meetings with the Relationship Manager, Portfolio Manager or Trust Officer and participating in discussions about client needs/goals, their circumstances, and making an effort to better understand the clients' extended family and younger generations. The Relationship Associate should be able to prioritize the client needs/goals within the framework of the FTCI business objectives while developing solutions to meet their needs/goals. * Interact with clients (or prospects) and independently manage all follow-up and/or ongoing deliverables. Communicate and coordinate with other areas within FTCI (Legal, Marketing, Business Development, Operations, Estate Administration, Compliance, Strategic Advisory Group, etc) in an effort to meet all client deliverables. The Relationship Associate will ensure that all areas of expertise within FTCI are leveraged as necessary to best service client. * New Account Openings - Analyze relevant documents to begin KYC as per account opening checklist. Review and discuss account openings with Relationship Manager, Portfolio Manager or Trust Officers to determine proper administration of account, account type, requirements under state laws, dispositive provisions, beneficiaries and remaindermen, tax suits, GST status, fee analysis, etc. and in order to prepare account opening documents, and ticklers, remittance events and other account maintenance requirements. Perform legal and administrative analysis of new accounts for initial set-up of Administrative Reviews. * Coordinate all aspects of trust terminations and account closing in coordination with our Trust Counsel, Investment Officer and Tax Department. * Remain current on relevant Wealth Management and Investment Advisory laws/issues/topics (domestic and foreign). Maintain a strong knowledge in fiduciary and personal income taxation, accountings, trust and estate law, and all types of financial investments and special assets. * Coordinate with Tax Department. Identify and coordinate resolution of issues concerning tax matters arising during the course of the administration of personal, corporate or Trust accounts including situs, type of trust, fiduciary tax issues and personal tax issues, and overall tax implications of distributions. * Review overdraft report to determine how to cure income overdrafts. Coordinate with PM to raise cash to cure principal overdrafts. Perform analysis of trust income to determine whether 65 Day Rule should be elected. Coordinate same with co-trustee if necessary, and ensure proper remittances. * Coordinate and complete special ad-hoc projects as requested.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
Education & Experience:
* Undergraduate degree from a four-year college/university required or Equivalent Experience * MBA, JD desired, but not required. * 2-5 years of experience in the financial services industry with client-facing experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
* CPA or CFP desired, but not required.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
* Willingness and desire to learn and grow within the Client Service Model. * Strong understanding and basic knowledge of competitors. * Knowledge of Monte Carlo simulation model preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Trust Administration background and knowledge preferred; ability to review and interpret trust language. * Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. * Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. * Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while balancing the needs of the client within the FTCI business objectives. * Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and build new client relationships. * Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle client account information. * Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically as it relates to client needs. * Self-starter with the ability to be persistent in solving problems. * Ability to practice good judgment while making basic business decisions. * Effectively handle various projects and deadlines and to prioritize each task appropriately.
Desired Leadership Skills:
* Strong leadership capabilities and qualities.
* Minimal travel required.
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year * Medical, dental and vision insurance * 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth, up to the IRS limits * Employee Stock Investment Program * Tuition Assistance Program * Purchase of company funds with no sales charge * Onsite fitness center and recreation center* * Onsite cafeteria* * Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, \"I AM Franklin Templeton\".
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.