Ultrasound Technologist job in Bethesda, Maryland.
The Ultrasound Technologist job is a civilian position at Walter Reed Military Medical Center, which provides a full range of care to the military community.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Multiple positions and shifts 24/7 facility
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Ultrasound TechnologistJob Overview:
- Performs a full range of Ultrasound functions and procedures: Head, Spines, Abdomen, pelvis, extremities, obstetrical 1st, 2nd trimester, and 3rd trimester, pelvic abdominal, abdominal vascular, transplant organs, and wall evaluation. Thoracic, pediatric, vascular, endovaginal, carotids, lower and upper extremity venous, US Renal Transplant, and small parts Sonography, i.e. scrotum, breast, cervical region and assist in any interventional procedures.
- Receives patients, explains methods and safety precautions of procedures.
- Start IV's when needed, position patient and produces necessary images for the requested examination.
- Assist in the triage of scheduling patients.
- Work with inpatients, emergency cases and outpatients.
- Independently perform outpatient, inpatient ultrasound studies.
- Explain procedures to the patient and provide humane and appropriate care and communication to alleviate the patient's fear of examination and correctly position the patient for examination.
- Set up patients and perform necessary adjustments and patient position as prescribed by the Radiologist or Ultrasound Supervisor.
- Assist in coordinating schedules, daily logs, and data submission for monthly reports.
- Perform limited administrative duties associated with the maintenance of records for a hospital-based Ultrasound safety program.
- Direct the flow of patients: Screen walk-in patients, emergency patients, and telephone calls from patients and referring Physicians to determine appropriate Physician and priority of appointments.
Ultrasound Technologist Job Qualifications:
- Completion of a program of Ultrasound education recommended by ARDMS
- 3 years of full-time experience including pediatric evaluation within the last 3 years in a hospital setting in Ultrasonography
- Acquired experience with medical care, anatomy and physiology, and physics
- Registration: Registered Diagnostic Medical Technologist RDMS by ARDMS.
- Licensure: valid, unrestricted. Any U.S. state honored.
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is anEqual Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Associated topics: ccc, echocardiology, gyn, imaging, non invasive, sonographer, sonographer ultrasound, ultrasonographer, ultrasound, vascular