GIII Apparel Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of apparel and accessories under licensed brands, owned brands and private label brands with an entrepreneurial culture that flows throughout the comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and proprietary brands, including Andrew Marc, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi's, Dockers, Vince Camuto, Kensie, and G.H. Bass, among others.
GIII also has licenses with the four major professional sports leagues, as well as over 100 U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, G-III currently designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of apparel, including outerwear, dresses, sportswear, beachwear, women's suits and women's performance wear, as well as luggage and women's handbags, small leather goods and various accessories.
GIII Apparel Group is currently seeking a Associate Designer to join it's DKNY Sport team based in New York City!
* Strong background in cut and sew knits
* Complete all aspects of design packages - sketching, tech packs, creating and maintaining linesheets,
* Identify seasonal fashion direction & merchandise trends and client needs
* Create seasonal presentation boards highlighting fabric, color and print direction
* Research and develop innovative trims each season
* Research and source new fabrics
* Prepare and maintain tech packs from initial development through bulk
* Organize and maintain design development including artwork, trims, fabric worksheets, initial development, finalized tech pack, line list, etc.
* Attend garment fittings and assist technical designers
* Revise and update information in tech packs and communicate changes/updates to factories
* Submit and approve artwork/strike-offs, wash panels, lab dips, etc.
* Manage and adhere to Time and Action Calendar
* BA in Fashion Design
* 3-5 years experience with women's sportswear design (Cut and sew kints)
* Experience in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop CS, MS Excel, and MS Office Suite
* Experience working with overseas factories, agents and fabric and trim vendors
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral
* Ability to work cross functionally, building strong relationships between various departments
* Strong eye for trends and abreast on current industry news/developments
Associated topics: audio, audiovisual technician, camera operator, cinematographer, examiner, network engineer, radio operator, technician, videographer, visual