Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
USA TODAY is looking for an experienced, competitive editor to join its Money and Consumer Tech news team as a NOW Editor. This editor will help assign and edit breaking and trending Money and Consumer Tech news and work closely with reporters, columnists and other contributors on longer-term and enterprise work.
This is a fast-paced job that requires urgency to get news out quickly (and update as needed) while also ensuring appropriate context and accuracy. Excellent news judgment, editing and fact-checking skills are required.
This editor also will curate content from partners, wires and across the USA TODAY Network, and oversee posting it to our platforms.
The editor should also be a team player, capable of working collaboratively with editors and other reporters throughout USA TODAY and the 100-plus sites in the USA TODAY Network.
We're looking for someone who:
* Can edit and post breaking or in-the-moment news and enterprise.
* Optimize content, paying special attention to headlines, SEO and fields visible to social audience.
* Drive innovative storytelling in all formats, from written word to video, audio and graphics.
* Lead teams and coach reporters not only on reporting and accuracy but also urgency and context.
* Use social and other tools to spot high-interest items ahead of the competition.
* Uphold the highest standards of journalistic integrity and credibility.
* Has experience assigning, reporting or editing business, personal finance and/or technology news.
* Is comfortable working with colleagues remotely and across time zones.
* Has at least two years' experience as an editor.
This position will be based either in our bureau in New York
City or at our headquarters in McLean, Virginia.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
* Job Family Content Strategy & Coaching
* Job Function Consumer
* Pay Type Salary
* McLean, VA, USA
* New York, NY, USA
Associated topics: cnbc, comedy writer, content, drama, fiction, freelance, huffington, novel, publishing, writing internship