Associate, Lab Communications- We offer competitive benefits!
We are an established company located in the heart of the diamond district in mid-town Manhattan that offers its employees a competitive benefits package and great educational and developmental opportunities.
The Company: GIA is the world's foremost authority in gemology. An independent, nonprofit organization, GIA protects the public trust in gems and jewelry by providing the education, research, and standards that consumers and the jewelry industry rely on to make informed purchase decisions.
The Location: New York, New York
The Job Title: Associate, Lab Communications
* Work Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, start time flexibility
* We offer medical, dental, vision and matching 401-K plan
* Paid vacation, sick and holidays, tuition assistance, commuter benefits
Provides creative technical copywriting and project coordination services for informative, gemological laboratory book reporting. Assists in the development of internal and external communications in support of the Quality department by performing the following duties.
* Ability to research and summarize technical research data into book format, taking technical concepts and translating to terminology intended for clients with no advances gemological knowledge
* Conceptualizes, researches, writes, and edits content
* Creative rewriting of repetitive text from book to book
* Assist in editing technical drafts for internal policy and procedures manuals
* Assis in writing text for presentation-type dialogue
* Ensures the accuracy of the GIA Brand Guidelines & Standards, including taglines, key messages, and messaging resources, as well as overall content
* Delivers fresh idea while remaining true to any existing brand guidelines
* Assists in developing clear lab communications for staff and clients
* Communicates effectively, gets along with coworkers and management, and deals with others effectively and professionally under generous and tight deadlines
* Proven skill set to write across multiple formats. Proficiency in technical writing is critical.
* Excellent proofreading/editing skills.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple copywriting projects, and ensure deliverables are completed on time and on message with total accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to provide proofing and editorial support for grammatical and stylistic accuracy/
* Possess excellent organizational skills.
* Demonstrated copywriting ability as indicated through a portfolio of writing samples.
* Strong understanding of marketing principles.
* Capable of operating with high degree of autonomy, but also comfortable working within a team.
* Capable of recognizing areas that need improvement and contributing to change.
* Ability to question, interview and research in order to clarify and expand on information presented by clients, or found in articles, books or the internet.
* Proficient with MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on a PC.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university required Journalism, English, or related field.
* Three or more years of professional copywriting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Why Should You Apply?
* Great benefits!
* Reasonable hours that provide work-life balance!
* Professional development opportunities!
* Great educational opportunities!
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees.