Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today's most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni - and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is scaling our product offerings and looking for product innovators to define and operationalize the next wave of topics and courses we teach. This role exists at the intersection of market research, product management, and service design. Success in the role requires working closely with operational and instructional design teams at GA and powerfully describing and defining our products.
You will be the principal architect on a portfolio of popular instructor-led courses as well as a suite of self-paced and assessment products within our verticals spanning Technology, Data Science, Digital Marketing, Design or Product Management. As a product manager, you will create and manage project plans, and validate that our learning experiences meet the needs of our learners and the demands of the employment market, and move the needle for our business at large.
* Serve as a thought leader, keeping pace with developments in the vertical you're in charge of, writing blog posts, attending industry conferences, and building/leveraging a network of subject matter experts
* Combine user research with B2B and B2C business needs to inform how you scope the requirements for improving and building products
* Lead and project manage the creation and improvement of several of GA's products, spanning assessments to online to instructor-led courses
* Test, iterate, and scale learning products globally
* Lead cross-functional teams comprised of staff, instructors, contractors and external 3rd party teams (both onsite and remote) to successfully build and operationalize learning products
* Communicate regularly with stakeholders to receive feedback and set expectations
* 2-5 years experience as a Product or Project Manager
* Subject matter expertise in one of the verticals we teach
* Alignment with and passion for GA's mission to transform lives through learning
* Excellent communication and partner relationship skills that inspire cross-functional team members (Product, Instructional Design, and Operations, teams) to work in a cohesive and integrated fashion
* Credible with senior executives and comfortable in sales conversations
* Strong understanding of the needs of our B2C and B2B customers
* Competency in requisite product/project management tools (including Jira and Confluence) and common communications tools (including Google Apps and Slack)
* It's an added bonus if you have experience in creating engaging learning experiences for adults, online or in-person
* Communicates effectively
* Functional technical skills
* Strategic mindset
* Plans and aligns
* Directs work
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task